Get Adobe Flash player

Thread: Flyscreen / windshield fairing

Default Flyscreen / windshield fairing

Hey guys, im looking for a small windshield / flyscreen for my zl 1. I see a bunch of awesome ones on our zl's! but buying one new on ebay, who knows if they fit. I like the small flyscreens that wrap all the way around the headlight, a la sons of anarchy. Let me know if anyone is selling and send me a pic!

Senior Member, ZL-OA Co-owner
    Super Moderator
    Current Bikes
    ZL900 ZL/EL/VN 250
    Member's Photo Albums

Default Re: Flyscreen / windshield fairing

most of the smaller fairings will require a few minor modifications to fit properly on the ZL, but can be done fairly easy. if no one has one to sell you here on forum you can try places like Motorcycle Superstore, J.C Whitney, & Shadetree Powersports to name a few.

"Eleanor" 1986 ZL900
    also
    1985 ZL900
    1988 EL250
    1990 ZX-7

Current Bikes
    ZL1000
    Member's Photo Albums

The national cycle F-16/F-18 models seem to fit fairly well with little to no modifications. If memory serves there is a couple pics in the members gallery of one on a ZL1.
    Last edited by Dogman; 03-27-2013 at 09:44 AM.

Current Bikes
    ZL900
    Member's Photo Albums

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dark-Tint-F-...6495be&vxp=mtr

Flyscreens are kinda hard to find, but if you do, you can mount them with extended bolts that support the headlight assembly.

Tinted Bug Screen from Cult Leader
    ZX14 coil over plugs with customized wiring harness
    Bachus +4 timing advancer
    ZG1000 Six link starter chain with ZG1000 sprocket and ZG1000 gear
    Andrew Bennett upgraded starter tensioner
    Polished 17" Kawasaki Mean streak rear
    Krieger Manual Cam Chain Tensioner
    Scott's SS Oil Filter/Gold Mag oil plugs
    Gaffer SS front brake lines
    Engraved KAWASAKI Billet Aluminum Front Fork Brace
    Metzler 200 Radial/110 Metzler Radial

Current Bikes
    ZL1000
    Member's Photo Albums

I have a National Cycle F16 wind screen on my ZL1. I have close up pics in my album. It has been on my bike for 5 years & does not create turbulence. They have improved the mounting area on them in the in the past few years. They mount directly through the 2 head light bolts. I put longer SS bolts with large SS finder washers & self locking SS nuts. I recommend the F18 because it will allow for closer mounting around the speedo/tach. Hope this helps. R. J.
    THERE ARE FEW JOYS EQUAL TO THE FREE-SPIRITED THRILL AND EXPERIENCE OF RIDING AN ELIMINATOR MUSCLE CRUISER

Thanks guys, you all rock as usual. I will check out the links given. I was hoping someone would sell me theirs that way I know it will fit!

Quote Originally Posted by R. J. View Post
    I have a National Cycle F16 wind screen on my ZL1. I have close up pics in my album. It has been on my bike for 5 years & does not create turbulence. They have improved the mounting area on them in the in the past few years. They mount directly through the 2 head light bolts. I put longer SS bolts with large SS finder washers & self locking SS nuts. I recommend the F18 because it will allow for closer mounting around the speedo/tach. Hope this helps. R. J.
    yours looks amazing! man my zl is a rust bucket but I love how fast it is. This windshield would be perfect if it wrapped all the way around the headlight

Current Bikes
    ZL1000
    Member's Photo Albums

Quote Originally Posted by Myxomatosis View Post
    yours looks amazing! man my zl is a rust bucket but I love how fast it is. This windshield would be perfect if it wrapped all the way around the headlight
    Thanks. I bought it that way. I really have not done anything to it as far as cosmetics goes. It has run flawlessly from day one. I do ride it every week so it does not have time to gum up. I had my friend Ron who is a retired KAW Tech. check it out before I bought it & he said it was worth the asking price so I went ahead with the purchase. Also the guy I bought it from another Ron is also a good friend & he also had 2 ZL 9, a 700 Fazor, a 700 Nighthawk & a VMAX. He sold them all in a 2 year span. The best thing about the purchase was Ron let me make payments on it for about 4 months or I never would have gotten it because I lost my job around the time I put a payment down on it. I sold my old mopar & all my motors & some of that money went to the purchase. It is the best street bike I have ever owned or have ever rode. I test ride bikes every year during Bike Week in Daytona Beach FL & there are fewer bikes for me to chose from every year. The inline muscle cruiser will never return & that sucks. Later. R. J.
    THERE ARE FEW JOYS EQUAL TO THE FREE-SPIRITED THRILL AND EXPERIENCE OF RIDING AN ELIMINATOR MUSCLE CRUISER