1. Guest,
    We need good tech writers that are willing to help out here at ZL-OA. If you like taking photos of jobs as you perform the steps on your repairs, have historical ads/documents from old magazines, or any else you think belongs in the Technical Library than you might be able to help. Send a private message to Furchin, Mudrunner88, Chris, Jarney, Wuputt, or Markus56 and we can lead you in the right direction to get started.
    Dismiss Notice

1987 ZlRX 1100 For sale,

mrbowtie Apr 25, 2019

1. mrbowtie

mrbowtie Active Member

Have a very nice Zl1000 that has had a 99 ZRX1100 engine installed in it. Has stick coils, still retains the six speed shaft drive. overall bike is in nice shape and runs out well. Several years ago bike was taken down to bare frame, repainted and aluminum shined up. Also had new fork seals put in all the hydraulics rebuilt and new bearings in the wheels and headstock. Have my eye on another project and something in the collection needs to go! Bike is located in southern Minnesota about a half hour south of Mankato.

Attached Files:

2. R. J.

R. J. Supporting Member

:hello: Nice ZL 11. :notworthy:. With the 1100 motor is it hard to change the spark plugs. What is the story on the old VETT in the back ground. Looks like a 1970s theme. Was it in that 70s show/series. :laughing7:. What kind/year snow machine is that.

3. mrbowtie

mrbowtie Active Member

Sold. Will be listing extra parts shortly. Have extra fuel tank, set of mikuni radial hsr carbs and lots of other things to get sorted out!

4. GaryD

GaryD Supporting Member

Congratulations on the sale.

Hmm...those carbs sound tempting...running GTR ones on my ZL1100 at the moment.;)

Last edited: May 5, 2019
  5. markus56

markus56 ZL-OA Co-owner Staff Member Administrator Super Moderator Supporting Member

I want to hear about the fuel tank, been looking for one of those forever!

6. R. J.

R. J. Supporting Member

:hello: Nice. :notworthy:. When you sell your parts It would be best to start a new thread under parts for sale.