1. Guest,
    We need good tech writers that are willing to help out here at ZL-OA. If you like taking photos of jobs as you perform the steps on your repairs, have historical ads/documents from old magazines, or any else you think belongs in the Technical Library than you might be able to help. Send a private message to Furchin, Mudrunner88, Chris, Jarney, Wuputt, or Markus56 and we can lead you in the right direction to get started.
    Dismiss Notice

'85 ZL900 Oil Drain Plugs

bigdavet May 24, 2018

1. bigdavet

bigdavet New Member

OK so I'm new to the world of Eliminators; I"m an old KZ guy myself. There are a LOT more nuts and bolts on these Eliminators...

My question is about the oil drainage. In the book, there are two oil drain plugs mentioned. Of course, the photos in these manuals are ****. Besides the obvious one next to the filter, where is the second one? The old girl needs a fluid change, and I don't want to over-fill her. Thanks in advance!

BTW this is a crazy fast bike. It's so incognito, nobody knows what it is, at least in this redneck town I live in hee hee

bigdave

2. prfixer

prfixer Senior Member Supporting Member

The second one is towards the front of the motor and in yhe middle. It’s Exactly the same as the plug next to the filter.

3. 87kawzl

87kawzl Senior Member

Use the oil sight when filling the oil. It will be over filled if you add the 3.7l stamped on the filler neck. They use a shallow pan on the Eliminator compared to the other models.

4. markus56

markus56 ZL-OA Co-owner Staff Member Administrator Super Moderator Supporting Member

And the level should be towards the top of the site glass......I go 1/4" from the top.

5. bigdavet

bigdavet New Member

Thanks everyone. It was easy, and he really likes the new Rotella