1. Guest,
    We need good tech writers that are willing to help out here at ZL-OA. If you like taking photos of jobs as you perform the steps on your repairs, have historical ads/documents from old magazines, or any else you think belongs in the Technical Library than you might be able to help. Send a private message to Furchin, Mudrunner88, Chris, Jarney, Wuputt, or Markus56 and we can lead you in the right direction to get started.
    Dismiss Notice

'85 ZL900 Red Paint for fixing paint chips

barber1303 Jul 1, 2019

1. barber1303

barber1303 New Member

Does anyone know a modern (i.e. available) paint or paint code that is a close match to the ZL900 red color? I have a few small chips in my tank that I'd like to touch up. I realize that a perfect match to this color is very difficult, but I assume a reasonably close match on such a small area will be good enough..certainly better than the current chipped condition. Any help is appreciated.

Chris

2. R. J.

R. J. Supporting Member

:hello: What I would do is take a side cover to an Auto Parts Store and match it up the best you can.

3. 87kawzl

87kawzl Supporting Member

It take your cover into somewhere that has a large assortment of nail polish. You may have better luck with the color match than an auto parts store.

Of course, please post your findings.

R. J. likes this.
  4. mike james

mike james Member

Hi barber! I have a friend that owns a Dupont auto paint store. He has a color scanner. I took my fender to him to scan. He come up with a close match. You can call and we can talk . Mike @ 606-748-1888 anytime