1. Guest,
    We need good tech writers that are willing to help out here at ZL-OA. If you like taking photos of jobs as you perform the steps on your repairs, have historical ads/documents from old magazines, or any else you think belongs in the Technical Library than you might be able to help. Send a private message to Furchin, Mudrunner88, Chris, Jarney, Wuputt, or Markus56 and we can lead you in the right direction to get started.
    Dismiss Notice

A poll of sorts

Zsquared Mar 29, 2011

1. Zsquared

Zsquared Supporting Member

I would like to know what inerest there would be if block-off plates were available again. I am also kicking around the idea of covers to replace the brake and clutch resevores, instead of just covering the tops. I would still have to see how my work will go for it, since I would, since I would be using thier machine. But I don't think it would be a problem.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 29, 2011
  2. SO CAL ZL

SO CAL ZL Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Z...
    From my point of observation, block-off plates are always in perpetual demand.

As to reservoir caps, I feel they should be "classy", with the correct script font deeply cut into the cap's top. The script font shown in your pic falls woefully short of looking authentic and worthy of gracing our machines. I believe any professional commercial print shop worth their salt can tell you exactly what that font style is named.

I think you're on to something worthwhile- Good luck! :headbang:

SO CAL ZL

3. zlMark

zlMark Cult Leader

The eliminator logo is not a font, it's custom drawn

4. badbrad

badbrad Senior Member

To me, the block off plates would look better if there were room for flat socket screws instead of the socket head. I am all for them though , either way.

5. Zsquared

First of all, I would like to apoligize for implying that I would allow monstrosities to be attached to such an iconic machine, let alone the name "Eliminator". This was not my intention.
    And "B", thanks zlMark for letting us know the logo is not a font. I started working on getting the lettering down and into the proper program it needs to be in, not as easy as I thought. But doable. The picture I posted was just to show the idea and placement.
    Thirdly, as far screws go, I guess it is just preference. I will try different types. I don't think there is enough land there for countersunk screws.
    Bye-the-way, I am a machinist not a librarian, so my internal spell check doesn't really work that well.

Thanks guys,
    Paul

6. kawboy

kawboy Supporting Member Technical Author

They need to be as low-profile as possible to ease valve cover R/R.

7. paulfun

paulfun "King Of The 1/4mi (Internally Stock)"

Use button head allens to fasten them down that way you dont have to worry about countersinking.

8. Zsquared

I was kind of going in the direction of button heads, I was just trying to figure out what badbrad meant by "flat socket screws". I think he meant countersunk flat heads.

9. Zsquared

O.K. guys and gals, it would still be several weeks off, but I thought I would sumbit this version for approval. Since my first attempt was not very well accepted. But I've gottten over that rejection, went for a bike ride. But seriously, this is about the best I can do, unless some one has an actual file of it. My next step is to figure out how an .018 endmill is going to hold up!
    So if you guys can let me know if these are "classy" :pk: enough, I can start the process of getting these on some bikes. Starting with mine of course, you know prototype and all.

Thanks ,
    Paul

Attached Files:

10. markus56

markus56 ZL-OA Co-owner Staff Member Administrator Super Moderator Supporting Member

There are some of us that have ZL1k's............

11. Zsquared

I only have the 900 on those because that is what I have markus, but that is the good thing about writing programs, just a few key strokes and the outcome can be different. I had that in mind antway, if I got these going. But what is your opinion overall?

Thanks

12. kawboy

kawboy Supporting Member Technical Author

They look nice.

How about just leaving the ZLxxx off?

13. markus56

markus56 ZL-OA Co-owner Staff Member Administrator Super Moderator Supporting Member

I concur with Kawboy.........maybe just the Eliminator logo