1. Guest,
    We need good tech writers that are willing to help out here at ZL-OA. If you like taking photos of jobs as you perform the steps on your repairs, have historical ads/documents from old magazines, or any else you think belongs in the Technical Library than you might be able to help. Send a private message to Furchin, Mudrunner88, Chris, Jarney, Wuputt, or Markus56 and we can lead you in the right direction to get started.
    Dismiss Notice

Alternative shocks for zl400

Lizzy Apr 10, 2019

1. Lizzy

Lizzy New Member

hi there my shocks are past their best, can anyone recommend alternative aftermarket shocks either for 400 or 600 which look like the originals.

Is the eye to eye 325mmTHANK YOU

2. GaryD

GaryD Supporting Member

I'd go for YSS as a reasonable alternative but my ZL came with a pair of those cheapo piggyback shocks and to be honest they were no worse than the I remember of the originals.

3. Lizzy

Lizzy New Member

Hello Gary
    thank you for your reply, what are YSS ?

4. GaryD

GaryD Supporting Member

5. Trojan441

Trojan441 Active Member

You would be better for originality to go for a good better "nick" second-hand pair from a dry State in the USA or even a drier Mediterranean Continental Europe country! Not sure how many models, ZL, EL, EN, VN, fitted this type of shock if the 250s and VN cruisers did, then there are more out there! Otherwise I am going to check whether Norman @ NJB shocks can rebuild them, if he can I will let u know!
    The original pattern is I think, is a copy of those fitted by Harley Davidson in the 70s & 80s!

Cheers

John H

6. Lizzy

Lizzy New Member

Thank you Trojan, appreciate your help

7. R. J.

R. J. Supporting Member