1. Guest,
    We need good tech writers that are willing to help out here at ZL-OA. If you like taking photos of jobs as you perform the steps on your repairs, have historical ads/documents from old magazines, or any else you think belongs in the Technical Library than you might be able to help. Send a private message to Furchin, Mudrunner88, Chris, Jarney, Wuputt, or Markus56 and we can lead you in the right direction to get started.
    Dismiss Notice

American Civil War cards

Trojan441 Jul 31, 2018

1. Trojan441

Trojan441 Active Member

I have had these since a small boy my grandfather used to but me 2 packs a week, I was never that keen on the pink bubblegum and do not Remember what happened to the Confederate money!

At some point in my youth I cut off the white boundaries I think I was trying to make a collage! From being very small I was always drawing 100s of soldiers in battles, throughout the ages!

I'm actually not a violent person at all and as an adult I am generally saddened by loss of life! But I do think that repeat killers, (psychopaths) should forfeit their 20180731_083807.jpg
    their lives and Sociopaths should be identified and rehabilitated for the service of others to the Public good!

John Brown now there was a man with some "fire" in him. Slavery was morally corrupt and it had to go. I remember descriptions of the time where American's were describing the change from the Free states to he Slave states and the difference in atmosphere. Having said that I know there were people on both sides that didn't agree with slavery too, but had loyalty to the birth State.

When I was a child a Bookshop in Preston Lancashire ordered me "The Golden book of the American Civil War" I lent in someone in my 30s and never got it back! It was one of my most treasured possessions!

Brother against Brother so to speak, the most deadly of wars. We have had many here,( not generally talked about), and are probably heading for another over BREXIT!

2. Trojan441

Trojan441 Active Member

No one interested in the Civil War then? I saw some footage on Youtube of some Confederate soldiers crossing a track-way, they were almost see-through and were scurrying across, I wills see if I can find it! We call this effect "Burnt-Toast", where things are re-enacted a long time after the event!

Having said that the tearing down of monuments is to me unbelievable, history is history, they are trying to do the same here in Bristol a port that was tied to slavery as was Liverpool, re-naming Districts and streets!

There some people on my Father's side who emigrated to the USA a very long time ago, but we have lost touch I think they were in the South somewhere, but not sure! General Lee's ancestors, were connected to Canterbury and sailed to the America's with the first set of Pilgrims, an old restaurant used to display a plaque, is was situated in an old district of the Holy city, "Ave Mater Angliae".

3. 87kawzl

87kawzl Senior Member

I like watching the history channel programs on the wars and visiting places like pigeon forge. Wouldn't consider myself a history buff but enjoy learning new things about it as I am getting older.

4. Trojan441

Trojan441 Active Member

Found it saw it some years ago, looks authentic.

5. ZLrider

ZLrider Well-Known Member

I was more into baseball cards. The whole concept of war is a bit repugnant. I've never seen civil war cards before, but here in the states we had a lot of trading cards to choose from. I also has a ton of Batman cards at one time.

6. Trojan441

Trojan441 Active Member

We had lots of Cards the Second World War cards, they were just as graphic and I think drawn by the same artist and of course men who had fought in it were still alive when they came out! War is not a nice thing and many times people have been manipulated into them. I personally feel another one will come along when two opposing systems of thought clash. And fanatical Islam has been primed and ready, Christians are being beheaded in the Middle east in Syria, Africa and no one seems to be doing anything about it! The crunch will come in Europe because Merkel has engineered it!

Sport is fine, but alas in many cases another distraction, with now here in the UK large gambling concerns attached to it!

I enjoyed the original Batman Series, Adam West, Burt ward, especially Julie Newmar as Cat woman! And have watched all subsequent Films since! Sad thing is some of out cities are heading towards the criminal status of Gotham, but there is no Batman and Robin 2 save us as yet!