1. Guest,
    We need good tech writers that are willing to help out here at ZL-OA. If you like taking photos of jobs as you perform the steps on your repairs, have historical ads/documents from old magazines, or any else you think belongs in the Technical Library than you might be able to help. Send a private message to Furchin, Mudrunner88, Chris, Jarney, Wuputt, or Markus56 and we can lead you in the right direction to get started.
    Dismiss Notice

Any fans of the 454 LTD?

DirtyRider May 26, 2018

1. DirtyRider

DirtyRider Member

I rode 2 different EN450 for 3 years. Finally upgraded to the ZL this year. Anybody else rode one?

2. 87kawzl

87kawzl Well-Known Member

A buddy had one when we were 16 years old. That thing was ridden like a dirt bike and never skipped a beat. Yup, big fan!

3. DirtyRider

DirtyRider Member

I asked about the Zl900 on the 454 forum and not many knew it existed. I glad to see someone here knows about the 454.

4. ZLrider

ZLrider Well-Known Member

Think the biggest knock on this bike and other similar low CC cruiser types is they are doggy performance-wise. For a beginner or somebody just wanting to putt around town they are fine, but it kind of sucks having the slowest machine in the crowd. Especially when it looks like the larger offerings.

DirtyRider likes this.
  5. Zed1

Zed1 Member

Hi I had one a while ago it was good fun , easy to work on , comfy , went ok and handling was fine also was nice and light

DirtyRider likes this.
  6. Lesley Moore

Lesley Moore New Member

Screenshot_20180706-100324_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20180706-100335_Gallery.jpg I have have had my 87 en454 for 8years, and have put 15,000miles on her myself. I adore the resilience of the bike. I have bought my 87 ZL1000 in April. Can't beat and old Kwak! My boyfriend set her up and got her 110mph top speed out of her, lol

DirtyRider likes this.
  7. DirtyRider

DirtyRider Member

It will pull all the way to the red line. Mine were awesome but I sold them to people as beginner bikes then I got my zl900 in june. Already clocked 1000 miles in a month. I've taken it to what the speedometer says is 140 miles per hour but gps confirmed 125 mph. I'm still a little shy about pushing it to the red line in 6th.

8. markus56

markus56 ZL-OA Co-owner Staff Member Administrator Super Moderator Supporting Member

You should be.....these bikes are awful squirrely in tripple digits.

DirtyRider and BearHunter like this.