1. Guest,
    We need good tech writers that are willing to help out here at ZL-OA. If you like taking photos of jobs as you perform the steps on your repairs, have historical ads/documents from old magazines, or any else you think belongs in the Technical Library than you might be able to help. Send a private message to Furchin, Mudrunner88, Chris, Jarney, Wuputt, or Markus56 and we can lead you in the right direction to get started.
    Dismiss Notice

Back in the Saddle

ZLrider Apr 27, 2019

1. ZLrider

ZLrider Well-Known Member

Sup guys? Just wanted to check in and let everybody know I haven't sold my ZL and am riding it again. Last fall I was pretty bummed. Work had taken a toll on my body and I wasn't sure was ever going to be up to riding again. Feeling pretty good now and the tune up Bill threw on her seems to be just fine still. Bike is running strong, although idle at times is still a bit off. Not a big deal, think I just have to live with this one.

Anyhow thanks to you all for not coming by and talking me out of the old girl when I was feeling low. I would have just about given it away, but sure glad I didn't.

Looking forward to a lot of riding this year, that is if the weather cooperates. After a few pretty nice warm weeks, we are expecting snow! I can't hardly believe it, but it's in the mid 30s and falling fast. Oh well, this miserable winter will have to end eventually......right? Hope Bill is enjoying the rays down there in FLA, I am so jealous!

BTW this is my 46th year of riding. Man, do I feel old........

2. 87kawzl

87kawzl Supporting Member

Glad you are feeling up to riding again and the ol girl is purring along!

3. R. J.

R. J. Supporting Member

:hello: Good to see that you have not given up on riding. :notworthy:. January through March My back was really bothering me bad. I could barely lift my legs to get my feet on the foot pegs. I forced myself to ride 3 days of March Bike Week Daytona. I've been going to my Chiropractor & pain management. I rode last week & It wasn't to bad.

4. rkerg

rkerg Senior Member

I am glad to know that you are feeling better and riding again.
    I think that riding is good therapy and whenever I am feeling frustrated or stuck in a rut, riding always makes me feel better.

R. J. likes this.
  5. kvalheim

kvalheim Well-Known Member

Welcome back and glad you keep the ZL:cool10:

6. ZLrider

ZLrider Well-Known Member

Thanks for the kind comments. I agree riding is good therapy. Good for the mind, good for the soul. Cheaper than a therapist too I reckon. If I can manage to stop straining and pulling stuff hopefully can keep riding for a few more years. Out where I live there are a lot of bikers and a good many of them look older than I. Suspect they either don't work or have jobs that don't beat up their bods like carpentry.

7. kvalheim

kvalheim Well-Known Member

I know what you mean about beating yourself up. I did roofing for 23 years and now I wish that I had my health back. lol