1. Guest,
    We need good tech writers that are willing to help out here at ZL-OA. If you like taking photos of jobs as you perform the steps on your repairs, have historical ads/documents from old magazines, or any else you think belongs in the Technical Library than you might be able to help. Send a private message to Furchin, Mudrunner88, Chris, Jarney, Wuputt, or Markus56 and we can lead you in the right direction to get started.
    Dismiss Notice

Blue 1K in Illinois

Wissler Jun 18, 2019

1. Wissler

Wissler Senior Member Supporting Member

2. paulfun

paulfun "King Of The 1/4mi (Internally Stock)"

I think I might actually like the blue one better than the black, at least in the ZL1000 anyway. Just not sure if it’s because we only see them on the net and unsure if there was 2 side by side if I would feel the same way.

3. R. J.

R. J. Supporting Member

:hello: Nice. :notworthy:. What is the asking price.

4. 87kawzl

87kawzl Supporting Member

I agree, nice color.

5. markus56

markus56 ZL-OA Co-owner Staff Member Administrator Super Moderator Supporting Member

Repainting is usually a recipe for taking a big hit on the resale value but not in this case since the paint was done so well on this one......I'd say it'll bring what he's asking. Nice bike right there!

6. 87kawzl

I have to disagree, it's clean and all but around here the 80's muscle bikes are struggling to get a decent buck nowadays. I hope he gets it but my gut tells me he is 20% above market value.

It's an odd market for this class of bike, it is flooded with decades newer metric v twins in the $4g range and plenty of hd's can be had in the $6g range. I think the kids that were raised on FI (that was common on bikes in the early 90's) are afraid of carbs as well.

7. R. J.

R. J. Supporting Member

:hello: Myself I dislike V-Twins. Even though the JAPAN ones are better than Harleys they are just want to be Harleys. All the JAPAN Manufactures spend all of their time on V-Twins and CROCH ROCKETS that they have forgot about what they became best at. Producing a inline for that is comfortable, looks good and has enough power to perform better than any V-Twin on the market.

8. 87kawzl

9. paulfun

paulfun "King Of The 1/4mi (Internally Stock)"

Well? Between the ZL1000 and the ninja I honestly like looking at the ZL1 more, but would probably go with the ninja if they price matched. If not probably would skip both and look for a ZL900 or a V-Max over both.

Sorry if that puzzles the ZL1 crowd but the looks of the 9 are much more to my liking and before buying an other ZL1 I would definitely add a V-Max to the stable. Now don’t get your panties in an uproar folks I don’t dislike the performance of the Ninja but as far as looks go it’s just not a muscle bike and don’t hav the need for speed nearly as much as I once did.

Gee! I must be getting old!

R. J. and wuputt like this.
  10. rammy1500

rammy1500 Supporting Member X2

There were two nice z1-900 bikes in the swap meet, one was $12,000 and the other $20,000. I told my nephew that for less I could have a brand new z900-rs that would be far superior to the older ones. Then we see one parked in the in-field, I've set on one at Iron Pony and need one that was a little closer to the ground. Sit up high like a Connie, I think.

R. J. likes this.
  11. R. J.

R. J. Supporting Member

:hello: To me a ZL 9 looks like an old Harley. :laughing7:.