1. Guest,
    We need good tech writers that are willing to help out here at ZL-OA. If you like taking photos of jobs as you perform the steps on your repairs, have historical ads/documents from old magazines, or any else you think belongs in the Technical Library than you might be able to help. Send a private message to Furchin, Mudrunner88, Chris, Jarney, Wuputt, or Markus56 and we can lead you in the right direction to get started.
    Dismiss Notice

CARB CLEANING SERVICE ,ultrasonic cleaning

wickedzl900 Nov 15, 2007

1. wickedzl900

wickedzl900 Senior Member Supporting Member

CARB CLEANING SERVICE ,ultrasonic cleaning UPDATED 4/16

<meta http-equiv="CONTENT-TYPE" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><title></title><meta name="GENERATOR" content="OpenOffice.org 3.2 (Win32)"><style type="text/css"> <!-- @page { margin: 0.79in } P { margin-bottom: 0.08in } -->*</style> FOR THE REBUILD if you send a check or money order with the carbs $225

HERE IS A LINK TO SOME OF MY RECENT REBUILDS

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Oldskoolcarbs/485002854895718?ref=hl

1) I COVER SHIPPING BACK
    2) ALL NEW STAINLESS SCREWS
    3) ALL NEW ORINGS, GASKETS REPLACED
    4) ALL HARDWARE CLEAR COATED
    5) CARBS PAINTED OR POLISHED
    6)8-12 day turn around from received

if your carbs need cut off valves or diaphragms i will contact you ..this will increase the price, $25 for each diaphragm and $20 for each air cut off valve..i will have to order the air cut offs and will delay the rebuild by at least 5 days

I DO AROUND 150 REBUILDS A YEAR, SO NO WORRIES, OR HASSLES ON YOUR END. I ALWAYS SHIP USING UPS WITH INSURANCE.. A TRACKING NUMBER WILL BE PROVIDED TO YOU WHEN I SHIP THEM BACK TO YOU...

PAYMENT—money order or personal check with the carbs or paypal..

CARBS WILL LOOK JUST LIKE THE ONES IN MY AUCTIONS, THANKS FOR LOOKING, RICK

Last edited: Nov 19, 2016
    zrxwest likes this.
  2. WillyD

WillyD Senior Member

Whadda you guys think of this deal???

Willy

3. tmdoth

tmdoth Senior Member Supporting Member

If time is more important to you then cost I would go for it. I prefer to tinker with my own bike whenever I can though, so I would pass. Specially since it gives me a chance to learn the intricacies of the part in question.

4. zlMark

zlMark Cult Leader

It's a pretty good deal. Look at what the carbs go for on ebay that could potentially be crap. At least with this route you know what you have and what you're getting. In other words, this isn't like a box of chocolate

5. wickedzl900

:D

6. greg

greg Well-Known Member

hats of to you very very nice jobs you have done to them there bikes.
    in fact you look to be a very talented bloke did you do all the paint work and polishing yourself.

7. tmdoth

No qualms about the price, definately worth the work that is invested into them. Just that for general maintenance purposes I would prefer to at least do it myself the first time so that I can troubleshoot carb issues in the future.

8. WillyD

WillyD Senior Member

Well I think what I am going to do is I am going to pull these carbs and send them to wickedzl900 and get them done...I understand the thought of doing all the work yourself and learning, etc....I have been turning wrenches for 21 years and the majority of it has been on med/heavy truck all of which are diesel powered...Except for the few times I have tinkered with a lawn mower, weed eater, snow blower I really have not messed with gas powered stuff much....Me and Mr. Carb just have never seemed to become the best of friends....I am gonna do the cam chain myself, fork seals, valve adjust, etc too....but I think I will turn carbs over to him...Come spring time I wanna ride and not be tinkering too much...I don't have a garage or tools at home, so I am limited....

If I have one good running bike and I decide to take on a project bike...maybe then....I just gotta wait untill the weather warms up a little so I can get the bike to where I am gonna keep it for winter and be able to pull it apart...

Willy

9. tmdoth

Hey sounds good, stick with what you know and then slowly build outwards.

10. greg

greg Well-Known Member

i see carbs as a bit of a black art rightly or wrongly have always been a bit reluctant to fiddle with them.
    if i was over in the usa wouldn't hesitate to have them done.

11. vinny

vinny Senior Member

Hi Wicked, looks like a brilliant job on the carbs. :D
    Do you know how much shipping would be to the UK?

12. wickedzl900

vinny , i will check into it ..

13. WillyD

WillyD Senior Member

wicked...

I sent u an email, but I don't know if you got it...

I am hoping to get the carbs pulled off within the next week and send them your way....

Let me know if you did not get the email...

Willy

14. wickedzl900

sent you a pm

15. GAZL900

GAZL900 Active Member

Hello Rick

FYI, Rick does a fantastic job with the carbs for the ZL's, He has done two of mine and man o man what a difference, not only do they run out well they also look as new also.

Thanks Rick and good to see you here.

Steve

16. tmdoth

I have to admit they do look nice. I must ask him how he does the painting on them, it looks very clean and proffesionally done.

17. wickedzl900

18. tmdoth

Cheers, I have been monitering your sale of a zl900 set. At the risk of the ire of fellow forumers (is that a word?), I wouldn't lower the price anymore, they are worth the price, it is just that nobody seems to need them right now. You have to make it worth your while to keep doing it.

19. wickedzl900

it may be too close to christmas to sell the zl900 carbs ,everyone's money is tight t ..this will be the last set for a while ..i am having the plate removed from my lower leg tuesday ,be down awhile

20. zlMark

zlMark Cult Leader

Good luck with the surgery Rick!