1. Guest,
    We need good tech writers that are willing to help out here at ZL-OA. If you like taking photos of jobs as you perform the steps on your repairs, have historical ads/documents from old magazines, or any else you think belongs in the Technical Library than you might be able to help. Send a private message to Furchin, Mudrunner88, Chris, Jarney, Wuputt, or Markus56 and we can lead you in the right direction to get started.
    Dismiss Notice

CARB CLEANING SERVICE ,ultrasonic cleaning

wickedzl900 Nov 15, 2007

1. Ed

Ed Active Member

I used a round, wire type gauge. A thin flat gauge will also conform easily just like paper but being metal, it'll give a better feel for drag. But again, any method works as long as you use common sense.

R. J. likes this.
  2. PTPopz813

PTPopz813 Member

On the POR-15.... I have used it for over 20 years, great stuff... wear gloves! this the label says "The only thing that takes it off your skin is time"! Well that is not totally true, a good scrubbing with 80 grit does the job too, and it leaves the skin nice and pink! the way POR-15 works is water is the catalyst, it pulls it out of the air to cure. (or your skin) (ask me how I know) about 15 years ago we used the Non-UV rated POR-15 on a friends steel butterfly chair for out in his yard... about 5 years ago it started flaking off around the joints from rust starting where the POR-15 did not get... it got dull almost a year and a half sitting in the sun. Inside the tank it should not get much sunlight!

R. J. likes this.
  3. markus56

markus56 ZL-OA Co-owner Staff Member Administrator Super Moderator Supporting Member

Please quit using this thread for general discussion. It should stay reserved for Ricks' service discussion. Thanks

wickedzl900 likes this.
  4. wickedzl900

wickedzl900 Senior Member Supporting Member

still these for $165

5. R. J.

R. J. Senior Member

:hello: Rick: My good friend in Hastings PA restores old Kaw 2 stroke triples & 4 cyn. I've been sending him pics of your carb rebuilds. He may contact you in the near future. His name is Matt Chernisky. He asked me what you charge. I told him the more work you send him the better the deal. I did not quote him a price.

6. wickedzl900

thanks rj .. send ,e exact year and models and some pics.. i will certainly cur a deal for multiple sets

R. J. likes this.
  7. PTPopz813

PTPopz813 Member

Rick, I shipped out my carbs to you yesterday! UPS says you should have them Wendesday! Give me a shout if you need anything. let me know how they look to you, I just bought the bike last year but they have been sitting for the last 11 or 12 years!

wickedzl900 likes this.
  8. wickedzl900

i will let you know when they get here, thanks, rick

9. PTPopz813

PTPopz813 Member

UPDATE to all you Rick fans out there. I got my carbs back from Rick last week opened the box and my jaw hit the floor. Those are Cleanest looking carbs I have ever seen in my life! If it run half as good as they look that is going to be a beast on the road! Thanks again Rick, You Rock!

10. markus56

markus56 ZL-OA Co-owner Staff Member Administrator Super Moderator Supporting Member

Yep, Rick's the best in the business.