1. Guest,
    We need good tech writers that are willing to help out here at ZL-OA. If you like taking photos of jobs as you perform the steps on your repairs, have historical ads/documents from old magazines, or any else you think belongs in the Technical Library than you might be able to help. Send a private message to Furchin, Mudrunner88, Chris, Jarney, Wuputt, or Markus56 and we can lead you in the right direction to get started.
    Dismiss Notice

Changes Afoot:

Trojan441 Jun 21, 2019

1. Trojan441

Trojan441 Well-Known Member

Spent the last six weeks recovering from surgery, so had to stay away from Home initially 11 days n' then when I returned had to take it easy, unless I wanted another bout of surgery to correct any damage! Had the Gall bladder removed, Keyhole surgery should have been 2 hours in the Theatre, but ended up as four, through slight complications! Then cysts on my Kidneys eventually diagnosed as benign, identification of a mass on my liver, after some weeks this was shown to be a convoluted artery/vein and my bladder inspected by a camera up the U know what! This has gone on from October 2018 to just now n' the only real shitty bit was the 13 days I waited to get a Doctor's appointment to see in the big "C" was involved. All through this period I continued working on the Land until two days before surgery, living frugally as a Self-employed person!

This is about to change as now I am going to look for paid PAYE work as the See-saw stress of Self-employment has taken it's toll on my existence! All the monetary benefits a low level of operation of S/E have been stripped away over the last 2 or three years, but everything else has gone up, fuel, taxes, utility bills just the general cost of living.

But what concerns me most is the health of the nation, Politically, Socially & Spiritually, all three issues seem to be "Flat-Lining" . No-one much seems to be talking of a viable economic future for the Nation; the Politicians seem to be focussed on self-survival, the NHS seems to be on the brink of collapse & the two big issues shoved down our throats are the Gender wars & the young being manipulated by the Far Left through extreme Climate change mantras & Gender issues plus to hate the older generation as we that are the older generation are responsible for killing their planet n' protesting in the towns n' cities demanding almost, that all normal activities stop, it is just madness out there & hardly anyone seems to be talking sense!

2. 87kawzl

87kawzl Supporting Member

Wish you a speedy recovery!
    Good luck on finding work.

Change is inevitable and we each have the power to direct some but not all of it. Prepare for the worst and hope for the best!

3. wuputt

wuputt ZL-OA Co-owner Staff Member Administrator Super Moderator Technical Author Supporting Member

Our country is screwed if **** doesn't change soon!

markus56 likes this.
  4. R. J.

R. J. Supporting Member

:hello: Armageddon. He who has the most arms gets all the geddon. :laughing7:.

5. Trojan441

The solutions seem to be the application of "Common Sense" which seems to be very uncommon @ this point in time! People I know have been out to China & seem evidence of their Totalitarian State, but also seen evidence of their Investment & development to take over the World, first economically & then....???

6. ZLrider

ZLrider Senior Member

Has sense ever been common though? Haven't the pols always been self-serving liars? Just seems like now days people are so dumb that they don't bother to hide it.

7. Trojan441

In the UK the F**k ups n' self-help as in corruption are now blatant n' the perpetrators face it out n' don't give a ****, they still award themselves huge salaries, when it would appear that they haven't really got the brains or nounce to fight their way out of a paper bag are not responsible people in any way!
    Time for change i guess, but not sure as in which direction, but I am sick of feeling like a Serf n' being shafted by the system! Medieval Britain is looming just round the corner of the 21st Century. Where's king Arthur, Merlin, Beowulf, Harold Godwinson, Robin Hood when we need them? Even Siegfreid would do n' he lived in the Low countries!