1. Guest,
    We need good tech writers that are willing to help out here at ZL-OA. If you like taking photos of jobs as you perform the steps on your repairs, have historical ads/documents from old magazines, or any else you think belongs in the Technical Library than you might be able to help. Send a private message to Furchin, Mudrunner88, Chris, Jarney, Wuputt, or Markus56 and we can lead you in the right direction to get started.
    Dismiss Notice

Cicadas taking the fun out of riding!

87kawzl Jun 9, 2019

1. 87kawzl

87kawzl Supporting Member

2. R. J.

R. J. Supporting Member

:hello: I know what you are saying. Every year we have this bug called LOVE BUG. They look like a lightning bug. They bread in mid air every May & September for 4 Weeks. They are always in twos connected at the butt. At times they are so thick hitting the windshield it almost looks Night. If left on your cars paint the acids from their bodies will eat your clear coat. https://www.google.com/search?q=lov...6j69i57j0l4.8866j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8 How would you like to put up with it every year. https://www.tampabay.com/florida/20...nce-caused-a-public-safety-crisis-in-florida/

Last edited: Jun 9, 2019
  3. 87kawzl

87kawzl Supporting Member

Been thru them before, nasty as well but these things are huge. They look like small hummingbirds when they are in the air.

4. R. J.

R. J. Supporting Member

:hello: Every 17 years. What Movie was that that some creature came out and it couldn't be killed. They used a harpoon on it that was mounted in the back of a pick up truck.

5. Joe

Joe Member

Those damn love bugs in Florida are pretty gnarly. I've had to scrape them off my semi trucks grill and clean the radiator cause they were so thick the truck started overheating. I try to avoid Florida for them and because it's Florida when ever possible.

6. Fern

Fern Supporting Member

RJ, I think the movie you are thinking of is Jeepers Creepers.

7. R. J.

R. J. Supporting Member

:hello: This past May the love bugs where not to bad. They multiply in freshly cut grass which is the reason that I don't cut my grass until the first Week in June. If you live near a Farm with Cows they are super thick from the Cow Dung. You are correct it was Jeepers Creepers. I think they made 2 of those Movies.