1. Guest,
    We need good tech writers that are willing to help out here at ZL-OA. If you like taking photos of jobs as you perform the steps on your repairs, have historical ads/documents from old magazines, or any else you think belongs in the Technical Library than you might be able to help. Send a private message to Furchin, Mudrunner88, Chris, Jarney, Wuputt, or Markus56 and we can lead you in the right direction to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  1. Trojan441

Trojan441 Active Member

I know you have definitely worked very hard on this website and it ls probably my Anglo-Saxon brain that is at fault, but I am confused about the Lay-out and do not seem to be able to fathom out and navigate to find things such as a quick and easy guide on how to change the Fork oil on my ZL400! And such things as the basic specifications e.t.c.

Cheers

John H

2. R. J.

R. J. Senior Member

:hello: I'm a WASP. Some times it's a cat & mouse chase when searching for a certian title. I find that the more details you type in the worse the results become. IMG_6101.JPG On HOME page click on Search Forums. IMG_6102.JPG This comes.And this. up. IMG_6103.JPG IMG_6104.JPG Click on say ZL talk. IMG_6105.JPG At top type in topic & hit enter. IMG_6106.JPG Results pop up. IMG_6107.JPG Nine in all IMG_6108.JPG Also you can search by topic title here. IMG_6109.JPG IMG_6110.JPG IMG_6111.JPG IMG_6112.JPG IMG_6113.JPG Some times you have to go through each title in each section to find what you are looking for. Somewhere is a technical wright up on how to use the new Forum. The new format is about a year old. We have some members that refuse to come on the Forum because it has changed & or not as often.

Trojan441 likes this.
  3. 87kawzl

87kawzl Senior Member

Sometimes I go old school and search thru Google with say "zl-oa zl600 fork oil" keep it simple and usually the forum will provide.

R. J. likes this.
  4. Trojan441

Trojan441 Active Member

Okay I will try again, to fathom the mysterious quest for knowledge, from the ZLOA Masters!

R. J. likes this.
  5. Trojan441

Trojan441 Active Member

Cheers I will search further for the Knowledge!

6. 87kawzl

87kawzl Senior Member

If we don't have what your looking for, please post up what you come up with. For the 400 you will probably be best searching for 600 info. Those 400's are rare bikes.

7. ZLrider

ZLrider Well-Known Member

There is a work around for searches that works across the web. I don't know why, but the search functions on most web sites do not work as well as they should. I think if you try this, you'll find what you want faster here as well as m0st everywhere else:

Go to google.com
    Type in site:zl-oa.com bike dies at idle

That's it. Works everywhere. Just remember to not include the www or http stuff. Just the domain and your search terms. It's faster nearly every time.

For the record I feel your pain and find most web sites a royal pain to find what you want on. At least here most of the time a seasoned member will link you to what you're looking for if not repost the info you seek. Happy searching!

R. J. likes this.