1. Guest,
    We need good tech writers that are willing to help out here at ZL-OA. If you like taking photos of jobs as you perform the steps on your repairs, have historical ads/documents from old magazines, or any else you think belongs in the Technical Library than you might be able to help. Send a private message to Furchin, Mudrunner88, Chris, Jarney, Wuputt, or Markus56 and we can lead you in the right direction to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  1. Harriminator

Harriminator Senior Member

2. R. J.

R. J. Supporting Member

:hello: Nice. :notworthy:.

3. markus56

markus56 ZL-OA Co-owner Staff Member Administrator Super Moderator Supporting Member

I'll bet it's hard to keep the front end on the ground.

4. 87kawzl

87kawzl Supporting Member

A chassis worthy of the powerplant! Very nice bit of engineering right there.

5. vinny

vinny Senior Member

Very nice job!
    Not Cheap at 15,000 Euros !

6. markus56

markus56 ZL-OA Co-owner Staff Member Administrator Super Moderator Supporting Member

Hi there Vinny!!! I'd be worried that the motor wouldn't get enough air flow around it and would overheat. The original suffered from that and it had alot of air flow.

7. R. J.

R. J. Supporting Member

:hello: Most likely he has an oil cooler on it and a few electrical fans.

8. vinny

vinny Senior Member

Hi Markus, you may be right about the need for some air flow to keep that motor cool!
    That fairing looks quite snug and I don't think the air flow through the aperture at the front would do enough?
    RJ - oil cooler and fans would be a good aad!

9. R. J.

R. J. Supporting Member

:hello: Did you all notice the mid pipe up & over the motor. Nice. :notworthy:.

10. Ed

Ed Active Member

Is oil cooling even a thing for 2 strokes? With the better oils available these days, I'd think overheating shouldn't be much of a problem. Just gotta keep it moving thru the air and get the jetting right.

11. markus56

Yeah, the guys that created that bike surely addressed the heat issue on these motors one way or the other. They did a nice job!

12. Ed

Ed Active Member

It doesn't seem like the best place for cooling that middle head.

13. R. J.

R. J. Supporting Member

Last edited: Dec 14, 2018
  14. GaryD

GaryD Supporting Member

here's another ...[​IMG]

15. Ed

Ed Active Member

Those GT750s got away with a big radiator and no fan. I think the first year came with but it was found that it wasn't needed. I had the '76 which had all the bugs worked out the year before the 4 strokes took over.

16. Harriminator

Harriminator Senior Member

:hello:Funny license plate that yellow one...I guess his leather suite is WHITE w/ some red cross.:rotf: