1. Guest,
    We need good tech writers that are willing to help out here at ZL-OA. If you like taking photos of jobs as you perform the steps on your repairs, have historical ads/documents from old magazines, or any else you think belongs in the Technical Library than you might be able to help. Send a private message to Furchin, Mudrunner88, Chris, Jarney, Wuputt, or Markus56 and we can lead you in the right direction to get started.
    Dismiss Notice

First ride of the season

87kawzl Mar 14, 2019

1. 87kawzl

87kawzl Supporting Member

Was 75*F in the burgh today. The battery was low and the carbs were sputtering at first, they cleared their throats though. This year I didn't drain the carbs for winter slumber but I started it and fully warmed it up monthly.

Everyone be careful out there as your riding season begins. Don't forget to give the bikes a good once over to make sure everything is tight, the pressures are right, all the lights work and the brakes aren't hanging up.

As we get older the skills we used to take as second nature start getting rusty over a long winter's layover.

Everyone have a safe riding season with miles of smiles!

2. jd2ndzl

jd2ndzl New Member

I’ve been out shaking down the bike in 40deg fixing problems and seeing what’s cropping up so my summer is fun. Then off to shop for tires and fork seals I think she has original rubber.