1. Guest,
    We need good tech writers that are willing to help out here at ZL-OA. If you like taking photos of jobs as you perform the steps on your repairs, have historical ads/documents from old magazines, or any else you think belongs in the Technical Library than you might be able to help. Send a private message to Furchin, Mudrunner88, Chris, Jarney, Wuputt, or Markus56 and we can lead you in the right direction to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  1. Jason Terry

Jason Terry New Member

The fork seals on my ZL 900 have been leaking for several months now. Now i have noticed at slower speeds
    my front end has a slight bounce. I thought i had a flat spot in my front tire so i purchased a new one. The bounce is still there, could this be because of low fork seal oil?

2. markus56

markus56 ZL-OA Co-owner Staff Member Administrator Super Moderator Supporting Member

What are you waiting on......rebuild those forks! You won't get many jobs on these bikes easier than rebuilding forks.

3. 87kawzl

87kawzl Supporting Member

Could be a tire balance issue, rim out of round, wheel bearings or warped rotors if it's a constant bounce.

low fork oil will make the forks more springy since the oil dampens the movement. It will allow the suspension to bounce a couple of times instead of compressing and going to it's normal position if you hit a hole or bump.

4. R. J.

R. J. Supporting Member

:hello: I 2nd on the fork rebuild. While the front wheel is off check the wheel bearings for wear.

5. bobst2

bobst2 Senior Member

there leaking anyway need repair will contaminate your brakes and and yes will give a strange feel.
    if you go to my pictures will show you a way to rig up a ladder to support the bike. BUT BE VERY CAREFUL

R. J. likes this.