1. Guest,
    We need good tech writers that are willing to help out here at ZL-OA. If you like taking photos of jobs as you perform the steps on your repairs, have historical ads/documents from old magazines, or any else you think belongs in the Technical Library than you might be able to help. Send a private message to Furchin, Mudrunner88, Chris, Jarney, Wuputt, or Markus56 and we can lead you in the right direction to get started.
    Dismiss Notice

$$ gasoline $$

madmanncr500 Jun 5, 2013

1. madmanncr500

madmanncr500 Well-Known Member

GD its at $4.25 a gal for 87 oct here!!!:pistols:

2. Blue-Grass-Tornado

Blue-Grass-Tornado _________________________ BANNED

Re: $$ gas$$

$3.65 here but was $3.35 just last week. Down in South Carolina a few weeks ago, bought gas for $3.15 at one stop!

3. pyrofitr1368

pyrofitr1368 Supporting Member

That's strangely high...I'm in NY (Upstate, the good part) and it's $3.74 We are usually second or third highest in the Nation.

4. Jarney

Jarney Strip Warrior Staff Member Administrator Super Moderator Supporting Member

Yeah I always check prices as I ride home from the night shift each morning - this morning it was $3.98 in my area of Indiana (real close to Madmanncr500) and then went into town at 1pm and it was $4.25 and the stations were packed - as if it had dropped - I think everyone was afraid that it's not done going up. Crazy and ridiculous - and they say we're not being gouged.......yeah right.......Later.

5. dakota

dakota Well-Known Member Supporting Member

We've been over $4.00 for a couple of weeks, I heard it was due to refineries in Ill. being down for maintenance. But who really knows for sure.

6. kawboy

kawboy Supporting Member Technical Author

A camel farted in saudi arabia, that's why :laughing7:

7. OldRider

OldRider Active Member

8. golddrakul

golddrakul Senior Member

Yeah, I'm in Illinois and that's the story every year, the gas companies blame it on a switchover from summer blend to winter blend.

9. WillyD

WillyD Senior Member

$4.33 here

10. wuputt

wuputt ZL-OA Co-owner Staff Member Administrator Super Moderator Technical Author Supporting Member

$3.79 here this week....down from $4.29 a couple weeks ago.

11. Illby1

Illby1 Senior Member Supporting Member

Jumped to $3.99 yesterday in Appleton. It was $3.82 Friday when I filled up, so $0.17 in a week. When was the last time it dropped $0.17 in a week??

Scotty B

12. R. J.

R. J. Supporting Member

:hello: I put $70 in my truck 2 days ago. Then it was $3.46. Not sure of the price now. For the past 3 years or so our # 1 export was crude oil. So much for drill baby drill. We are over a barrel & always will be. I remember pulling up to the gas pump in 1969 on my Rupp minibike & filling it up for 20 cents. Then gas was 28 cents a gal. In 1976 a junior in high school I filled my car up for $8. Then gas was around 50 cents a gal. When I moved to FL in 1985 I remember gas being as little as 80 cents a gal. In 2003 I remember gas dipping under a dollar. In 2008 we seen a record $4.11 per gal. So in a 34 year period gas only went up 72 cents per gal. In about 10 years it jumps @ $3.00 a gal. The technology has been out there for a V8 to get as high as 100 miles per gal. but the patent was bought & put away for good. If G. E. can design a locomotive to go 100 + miles on a gal. of fuel oil the car industry can. They give us GPS, back up cameras & other useless crap that people like myself does not give a hoot about. A tom tom costs @ $70 but if you get one in your car it adds on a few $100 or so to the price of the car. People will never learn. No real solution. Until the corporations get out of the politicians back pockets & vice a verse nothing will get done. I was feeling cheerful until now. :laughing7:

Last edited: Oct 20, 2015
  13. rammy1500

rammy1500 Supporting Member X2

If there was an easy way to turn oil into gas I would be set. Just bought my Aunt's share of the family farm and it has oil and gas on it. We get about $4 a barrel and turn around and pay $4 a gallon for gas. Somebody is making money somewhere.

14. R. J.

R. J. Supporting Member

:hello: My sister had 2 gas wells on her property. The gas company tapped one into her house So she had all gas appliance in here home & gas heat. In the beginning she was getting $1500 to as much as $2500 per month from the gas Company. Then it went to $0. For some reason they shut down her two wells. She sold her house in 1990 & moved to Mich. So I do not know what ever went on after that.

15. mybroszl

mybroszl Active Member

3.33 yesterday. price hiking!

16. Jarney

Jarney Strip Warrior Staff Member Administrator Super Moderator Supporting Member

Wonder how long this will last - gas is now down to $2.68 a gallon here in my area of Indiana - probably shoot up to $5/gal as soon as the temps get good enough to get the bikes out? Later.

17. R. J.

R. J. Supporting Member

:hello: In the tri-county area here in Central FL the price of gas ranges from $2.59 to $2.75/gal. It all depends on the blood sucking oil companies & the crooked politicians. They always blame it on the wars in the Middle East or wells in the Gulf during hurricanes or something like that. They say if the pipe line project goes threw gas prices will fall even more but what is that a 10 year project. I heard that the main reason for gas prices falling is because of the surplus of shell oil. Crude oil is our # 1 export in this Country.

18. madmanncr500

madmanncr500 Well-Known Member

When i went to TENN. to pick up the ZRX...gas was 2.03 gal...had to do a double take on that one!!! Its 2.75 here in my home town of Anderson In.

19. BudKaw900

BudKaw900 Senior Member

Just filled up for $3.59 last week! Alot of stations are at $3.69 right now! Dont know why either!

20. 1 red zl9

1 red zl9 Well-Known Member

untitled.png :laugh: