1. Guest,
    We need good tech writers that are willing to help out here at ZL-OA. If you like taking photos of jobs as you perform the steps on your repairs, have historical ads/documents from old magazines, or any else you think belongs in the Technical Library than you might be able to help. Send a private message to Furchin, Mudrunner88, Chris, Jarney, Wuputt, or Markus56 and we can lead you in the right direction to get started.
    Dismiss Notice

HOT, HOT, HOT...

Harriminator Jul 26, 2018

1. Harriminator

Harriminator Senior Member

:hello:Some higher temps. over here in Europe; today we hit the 95°F in Germany and no end in sight. Only 'advantage': it's a dry heat, not like in rain forest...or FL :laughing7:

2. Trojan441

Trojan441 Active Member

Where in Germany are you?
    The wrath of God? My wife told me the first destruction was with Water and the second would be Fire. We here are in a Temperate, Maritime, Island climate, one of the wettest places on Earth and yet the Pennine's in Northern England, have been on fire for two months. through arson, the peat bogs have got on fire and it has penetrated to a great depth, the drought facilitating this process! If fires start round London at this time, in the surrounding areas of the countryside , the south of England will be in real trouble!

3. Harriminator

Harriminator Senior Member

Bremen, Northern Germany; absolutey unusual for this area the temps right now and for so long, acctually we get more the rain comin' over from your island...look what happened to Greece, they never expected a huge firestorm like that.

4. Trojan441

Trojan441 Active Member

No, I suppose not, but the atmosphere can "Firestorm" , remember what happened to Dresdebnin WW2 after the saturation bombing!

I was on the Isle of Man and met a guy from Bremen, he had long, greying, Blonde hair, average height but muscular in a worked way, not weightlifting and built bikes up in his home town and was running a old air-cooled, Ducati 900SS, Cafe racer , his tent was on Sulby Glen Forestry Commission camp site, 50 yards away, from mine. We used to see each other with other friends at the Ginger Hall Hotel where a lot of other Germans were staying!

5. GaryD

GaryD Active Member

"If fires start round London at this time,"

It will only be because those northern arsonists have caught the bus down!!

6. Trojan441

Trojan441 Active Member

No silly B's in the South then!

7. Trojan441

Trojan441 Active Member

We had a 5 plus hour storm over Kent started at 8pm, watched it in a ruined old church built on the site of a Roman Military Fort on the Wantsum channel, we now call the place Reculver. The Thunder and lightning was 'lish. Odin and Thor surely "rode" out this night! Me and my mate rode through roads with rivers of water on them! We tried to avoid the A299 dual carriageway, so rode on there as little as possible, from the Roman Galley to Saint Nicholas at Wade, even so a car hit a sheet of water and soaked me, for that second or two I couldn't see! It would seem "they" car drivers, have no concept of splash to motorcycle riders and most were driving just as they would in dry conditions. Have they ever aqua-planed?