1. Guest,
    We need good tech writers that are willing to help out here at ZL-OA. If you like taking photos of jobs as you perform the steps on your repairs, have historical ads/documents from old magazines, or any else you think belongs in the Technical Library than you might be able to help. Send a private message to Furchin, Mudrunner88, Chris, Jarney, Wuputt, or Markus56 and we can lead you in the right direction to get started.
    Dismiss Notice

i must be a fool lolol

bobst2 May 18, 2020

1. bobst2

bobst2 Senior Member

well did something stupid today. as some of you know i have had my zl for sale here in canada
    not prob to many of your surprise without much luck.
    most people don't know what they are.
    i just had the duck bill and tail repainted because i did not like the way they turned out during the first repaint
    (shrink marks) BIKE LOOKS BETTER THAN EVER
    anyway washed and took it for a ride today.runs perfect screaming fast and perfectly reliable. is it ok to only put a hundred miles a year on the bike, cant find a proper owner i think i should just keep it. thoughs 20200517_153233.jpg 20200517_153222.jpg 20200517_150618.jpg 20200517_153222.jpg

Wads_ZL1 likes this.
  2. paulfun

paulfun "King Of The 1/4mi (Internally Stock)"

Bike looks good!

Me I would probably keep it even if I put less miles than the hundred you speak of.
    My wife calls my garage and barn the black hole I rarely selll anything!

Wads_ZL1 and R. J. like this.
  3. Harriminator

Harriminator Senior Member

The old wisdom comin' up here some time after a sale: YOU WILL NEVER GET HER BACK, BUT YOU WILL REGRET !!!:banghead:

Wads_ZL1 and EggmanZL1 like this.
  4. 87kawzl

87kawzl Supporting Member

It's really ok to keep her, she is a beauty.

I'd recommend getting out for at least an hour's ride per month, you know, for therapy.

You won't be able to replace it for what you sell it for if the time comes that you want one again.

Wads_ZL1 likes this.
  5. markus56

markus56 ZL-OA Co-owner Staff Member Administrator Super Moderator Supporting Member

I agree with all that's been said......Keep it and enjoy your hundred miles a year! I haven't ridden my red one in 5 years.

Wads_ZL1 likes this.
  6. madmanncr500

madmanncr500 Senior Member

YES KEEP IT!!! I almost sold mine 4 years ago,,,glad i did not!! I have sold three in the past, and always hated it...(they brought more back then)...This one is so modified to my liking, it would never bring the $ I have in it....so just keep it!!!

7. 87kawzl

87kawzl Supporting Member

And sometimes there is regret of the one that got away. You listed Nasty for a great price and I should have trucked on over to pick her up. Aaahhh, she is where she belongs:D. Hope you both find some time to enjoy them.

Wads_ZL1 and madmanncr500 like this.
  8. madmanncr500

madmanncr500 Senior Member

Yes 87 im glad she is still around...I have all kind of people in and out of the shop, and they all love it, even the die hard Harley hos....like it!

9. EggmanZL1

EggmanZL1 Member

I sold my 1000 about 4 years ago. Instant Regret! Ended up buying it back this winter a little more rough than before. I should have kept it and would have treated her a little nicer.

10. Wads_ZL1

Wads_ZL1 Member

There is a time and a place to sell a ZL Eliminator...

Never and nowhere.!

EggmanZL1, JohnH#II and 87kawzl like this.