1. Guest,
    We need good tech writers that are willing to help out here at ZL-OA. If you like taking photos of jobs as you perform the steps on your repairs, have historical ads/documents from old magazines, or any else you think belongs in the Technical Library than you might be able to help. Send a private message to Furchin, Mudrunner88, Chris, Jarney, Wuputt, or Markus56 and we can lead you in the right direction to get started.
    Dismiss Notice

Interesting signature

Wayne Wojo May 9, 2019

1. Wayne Wojo

Wayne Wojo New Member

I just picked up my third ZL900 (I love these bikes). I was doing some work on the bike, I turned the tank over and there is a signature. I don't know of any significance to it. I figured that i would ask the experts here if they ever saw anything like this. Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. 87kawzl

87kawzl Supporting Member

What's your last 4 digits of SN. It could be someone on the line left their mark on the last one rolling off?

3. Wayne Wojo

Wayne Wojo New Member

The last 4 digits. 2016

4. Ed

Ed Active Member

DR - damage repair?

5. R. J.

R. J. Supporting Member

:hello: To me it looks like 2-16-85. Maybe the month, day & year D. R. bought the bike. Or the first owner was a Doctor. :laughing7:.

6. 87kawzl

87kawzl Supporting Member

R. J. likes this.
  7. R. J.

R. J. Supporting Member

:hello: That's funny. :laughing7:. LOL.

8. markus56

markus56 ZL-OA Co-owner Staff Member Administrator Super Moderator Supporting Member

I've seen several with the dates but not any signatures. I think the dates were put on the day of manufacture.

9. Ed

Ed Active Member

It could be someones initials but I doubt it. QC marks a lot of parts and after marking so many of them, they start to look like signatures.

10. R. J.

R. J. Supporting Member

:hello: D R = Don't ride. :laughing7:.