1. Guest,
    We need good tech writers that are willing to help out here at ZL-OA. If you like taking photos of jobs as you perform the steps on your repairs, have historical ads/documents from old magazines, or any else you think belongs in the Technical Library than you might be able to help. Send a private message to Furchin, Mudrunner88, Chris, Jarney, Wuputt, or Markus56 and we can lead you in the right direction to get started.
    Dismiss Notice

KAWASAKI 500 Triple

R. J. Jul 8, 2019

1. R. J.

R. J. Supporting Member

2. markus56

markus56 ZL-OA Co-owner Staff Member Administrator Super Moderator Supporting Member

Yeah, they bring the big bucks nowadays but that one is kinda rough.

3. R. J.

R. J. Supporting Member

:hello: For 8 K I feel that is a bit much. I got a 1974 for $400. It is still in PA. I'm not sure when I'll pick it up. It needs a total restore. The motor is locked up but it comes with a new crank shaft and some other new parts.

4. R. J.

R. J. Supporting Member

5. markus56

markus56 ZL-OA Co-owner Staff Member Administrator Super Moderator Supporting Member

And he'll get that ten five too.......

6. R. J.

R. J. Supporting Member

:hello: I think at that price it would be an investment.

7. wuputt

wuputt ZL-OA Co-owner Staff Member Administrator Super Moderator Technical Author Supporting Member

At any price that would be an investment! Just may not be a wise one! Probably a NAKTC member selling.

8. R. J.

R. J. Supporting Member

:hello: What does NAKTC mean.

9. furchin

furchin ZL-OA Co-owner Staff Member Administrator Super Moderator Supporting Member

North American Kawasaki Triples Club I think.

10. R. J.

R. J. Supporting Member

:hello: MARTIN: You are correct. I went to their WEB Site. They don't have much activity going on. About 3 months ago I bought a 500 Tripple from my friend Matt in Hastings PA for $400. It is a complete bike with extra parts. I'm not sure when I'll pick it up or when I'll get to it after I do get it. The motor doesn't turn over. It comes with a brand new KAW crankshaft and a new custom built 3 into one exspansion chamber. A new crank brings between $500 and $700. The exhaust is big $$$.