1. Guest,
    We need good tech writers that are willing to help out here at ZL-OA. If you like taking photos of jobs as you perform the steps on your repairs, have historical ads/documents from old magazines, or any else you think belongs in the Technical Library than you might be able to help. Send a private message to Furchin, Mudrunner88, Chris, Jarney, Wuputt, or Markus56 and we can lead you in the right direction to get started.
    Dismiss Notice

KAWASAKI In 1979

R. J. Jan 6, 2020

1. R. J.

R. J. Supporting Member

2. R. J.

R. J. Supporting Member

3. R. J.

R. J. Supporting Member

:hello: Bikes are no longer made at the Nebraska Plant.

4. Trojan441

Trojan441 Well-Known Member

Interesting article but wait what is this fact......
    "The average age of the work force, some 90 percent of which is FEMALE is about 26. Almost 25 percent of the workers have some college or are attending educational courses reimbursed by the company".
    What? You sure, girls putting Kawasaki's together, I am surprised @ the gender breakdown!

5. R. J.

R. J. Supporting Member

:hello: I worked in Manufacturing for nearly 40 years total and most was women that worked on the factoy floor even at the missile plant for Lockheed Martin.

6. Trojan441

Nimble dexterous fingers!

7. 87kawzl

87kawzl Supporting Member

The women stringing up Harley Davidson spoked wheels was something to behold. They were machines! I was most impressed out of that crew when I took the York PA tour way back in the early 90's.

8. Trojan441

I worked with my Wife in factories when we were saving up for a Mortgage n' fruit picking and was astounded at the rate She could work! I was a graduate but hadn't had the same depth of " Life" training, She had working in the fields as a youngster n' found I had to gear myself up fast, I came across more bone-idle lazy males than females, when it came to manual work, She always laughed n' said women generally had, (Used to?) have something built into them through producing children, n' having to get on with things, probably, before "Materialism", came along n' upset the apple-cart!