1. Guest,
    We need good tech writers that are willing to help out here at ZL-OA. If you like taking photos of jobs as you perform the steps on your repairs, have historical ads/documents from old magazines, or any else you think belongs in the Technical Library than you might be able to help. Send a private message to Furchin, Mudrunner88, Chris, Jarney, Wuputt, or Markus56 and we can lead you in the right direction to get started.
    Dismiss Notice

KWICK Stone Guard Fork Protectors

R. J. Jun 14, 2019 at 3:38 PM

1. R. J.

R. J. Supporting Member

markus56 likes this.
  2. Trojan441

Trojan441 Well-Known Member

I use Front Fork rubber/Neoprene gaiters, not stylish i know but your forks underneath are always like new!

3. R. J.

R. J. Supporting Member

:hello: With full coverage fork gaiters here in FL with 9 months of 95% humidity the forks rust really bad. All my bikes that had them on now does not.

4. Trojan441

Trojan441 Well-Known Member

U can get the type that breathe, but then we have nothing like the humidity you have there, who would believe cold air is drier than warm/hot air, creation is truly a marvellous thing! And then we build motorcycles out of ferrous metal that reacts badly with air n' water! mankind is still limited in thought & deed.

5. R. J.

R. J. Supporting Member

:hello: Breathe you mean the ones with holes in the bottom of the boots. Them kind are on my Rancho shocks on one of my trucks. I took them off too. In the 3 cool Months that we have they make all kind of squeaky squishing noise between 35 to 55 *F. I've seen ones that are made out of wetsuit type of material. I've seen dirt bikes with those.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2019 at 10:09 PM