1. Guest,
    We need good tech writers that are willing to help out here at ZL-OA. If you like taking photos of jobs as you perform the steps on your repairs, have historical ads/documents from old magazines, or any else you think belongs in the Technical Library than you might be able to help. Send a private message to Furchin, Mudrunner88, Chris, Jarney, Wuputt, or Markus56 and we can lead you in the right direction to get started.
    Dismiss Notice

Latest Advice: Possible Solution Covid -19!

Trojan441 Mar 18, 2020

1. Trojan441

Trojan441 Well-Known Member

Some virologists now believe 12-24 hours in a temperature of 80 degrees Fahrenheit or 26.67 degrees Centigrade will deactivate the virus, keep a wet/damp towel in the room,( not dripping), and replenish when dry to humidify the room. This allows the body to use less energy in keeping warm @ around 36.7 and more body energy can be directed to the cells to fight the infection and defeat the disease!

Old hospitals use to be warm with the windows open, now energy considerations have reduced this policy and new hospitals are often much cooler and drafty!

2. Harriminator

Harriminator Senior Member

If so there'd be no infection in Australia or Africa at all...:bs:

Last edited: Mar 18, 2020
  3. Trojan441

Not true my friend:
    A slightly different point as in outside conditions the Virus is technically dead/ not alive and in the cells it becomes a "life" presence and subject to biological life's " terms & conditions of service, so Harriminator, the usually infallible Teutonic logic displayed here, cannot be applied to a Non-living and living that is inside the cell situation that the Virus is subjected to! Did a little micro-biology as part of my degree, so I just know enough to be dangerous!

4. Harriminator

Why haven't you told the Chinese in due time when you're as smart as you're telling us? This f**** virus comes from a filthy market in Wuhan and was obviously transferred from animal to human and now from people to people who are too stupid to keep distance from each other. We need a remedy and not unnecessary suggestions to lecture the people...

5. 87kawzl

87kawzl Supporting Member

Or, it came from a biological lab located in the city from which it has spread. Either way the damn has broken.

I'd stick with the treatments recommend by today's health care professionals. We are too old of a crowd the be screwing around with this bug!

Did you read the story about the church in South Korea spraying the congregation in the mouth with salt water to kill off the virus, only to infect dozens of worshipers. Yup, really happened.

6. Trojan441

Whoa! My intention wasn't to piss you off, but it seems, you took it the wrong way, thought it may help people.

So I apologise to you.

The 80 degrees strategy is being used by some of the Italian public to try and slow down infectivity and mortality! rates. It's just an old fashioned, common sense strategy, used for many years in the old days from 60 plus years ago. I agree it is a shitty situation for everyone, everything here is being cancelled and in the UK, we are expecting a future lock-down situation to be announced tomorrow night.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2020
  7. Harriminator

Statement of a reputable German virologist: corona is very infectous, but can survive several minutes up to some hours...in an optimal enviroment only. If you protect yourself, wash your hands regulary and keep distance of +1.5m when talking to someone you stay healthy 99.99%; the people who died of corona had all pre-existing illness and were older. The effect of the transmission was underestimated but remember how the Chinese were lying when the disaster started.

As long as some idiots celebrate s. c. 'Corona-parties' the virus distribution will go on and on and on...

No harms meant, all good!

Trojan441 likes this.
  8. wuputt

wuputt ZL-OA Co-owner Staff Member Administrator Super Moderator Technical Author Supporting Member

There is only a few cases in Minnesota. I do not know any personally . Any one here have personal experience with the Virus?
    I appreciate my little chunk of the world more in these situations!

9. R. J.

R. J. Supporting Member

10. 87kawzl

I thought Omar and her supporters were the virus up there.:laugh:

Seriously, the best way to kill the bug on surfaces is to spray on the disinfectant and do not wipe, let it dry on its own. Having my breath taken away scares me more than being out on my bike with distracted drivers in their cars. I have seen loved ones suffer through pneumonia and people die from lung cancer, having an elephant sit on my chest is not something I want to experience. Hopefully they will have a vaccine developed sooner rather than later.

R. J. likes this.
  11. 87kawzl

Hey RJ, the spring breakers get to party on the beaches there till Monday, way to go for your elected officials:rolleyes:. Looking like a spike around the US is unavoidable because some people lack common decency and common sense.

12. R. J.

R. J. Supporting Member

:hello: All 30+ miles of beaches in Daytona Beach/New Smyrna Beach are packed with people. I guess that the so called elected officials don't think that the conehead virus :laughing7: doesn't affect the beaches. Maybe the salt air keeps it at bay. :laughing7:.

13. Harriminator

:hello:Wonder how this corona stuff will end - like 'Outbreak' or like 'Twelve Monkeys'...?:laughing7:.

Trojan441 likes this.
  14. 87kawzl

Our state shut down all non life sustaining businesses...I'm scrambling to try to have my crew something to do at home. Not an ez task for people that run software that needs licence checked and large files on the projects. My heads spinning.

15. wuputt

wuputt ZL-OA Co-owner Staff Member Administrator Super Moderator Technical Author Supporting Member

[I thought Omar and her supporters were the virus up there.:laugh:]
    That 5th district is quite the melting pot! Our moron of a Governor wants to bring more Somalis to Minn.
    I have been and will continue to protest her legal right to serve . I have sent countless emails and made many phone calls bitching about her!

R. J. likes this.
  16. GaryD

GaryD Supporting Member

Has anyone in GB noticed the buzz word is 'unprecidented'.

Every know-nothing who want to appear clever is using it!!!!

17. Trojan441

I have that film somewhere in the Loft going to dig it out and re-watch it i still have operating combined DVD & VHS players!

18. Trojan441

I do not have a TV Licence so I rely on the Internet, I did some Community work with the homeless & vulnerable once a week for about 4 hours serving food, 3 to 4 hour stint. One of the volunteers who I believe had just come back from an exotic holiday, tested positive! It will be two weeks on Tuseday, I got to know early Monday morning and I have had to Self-Isolate all week, I remember when we did any Micro Laboratory work , we use to have Bunsen Burners lit in the lab' to kill pathogens, so I have candles burning @ home! I have had no symptoms as yet. Someone posded footage of looting in London and it was the usual suspects, but you have to be careful as the footage could be old and watching it didn't give any real clue,s as to whether it was this week. They were so thick that they raided a £ shop!

One thing for sure is the "Expert advisors" keep changing their minds in the UK, "Herd Immunity", talking about us like we are cattle, has been abandoned, Italy advised them, the if the Experts carried on with that idea the death toll would be on the high side as a % of those infected.

19. Trojan441

i Screenshot at 2020-03-20 20:53:39.png

See difference in infection rates. Borders closed and quickly, bottom countries and those who followed the WHO directive & didn't close their borders quickly enough!

20. GaryD

GaryD Supporting Member

Bugger...thought I was going to get some time to work on the bike but as a 'key worker' I have to go in as usual.

Still maybe it'll get me into the front of the queue for my usual sparrows in aspic and Yeti milk.