1. Guest,
    We need good tech writers that are willing to help out here at ZL-OA. If you like taking photos of jobs as you perform the steps on your repairs, have historical ads/documents from old magazines, or any else you think belongs in the Technical Library than you might be able to help. Send a private message to Furchin, Mudrunner88, Chris, Jarney, Wuputt, or Markus56 and we can lead you in the right direction to get started.
    Dismiss Notice

Looking for tank decal for red fuel tank.

Chris Smith Aug 21, 2018

1. Chris Smith

Chris Smith New Member

Looking for oem tank decal, silver with black outline. Saw some old posts regarding some of these being available, if anyone has one please pm me. Thanks.

2. markus56

markus56 ZL-OA Co-owner Staff Member Administrator Super Moderator Supporting Member

Yes, I have them and will PM you.

3. Chris Smith

Chris Smith New Member

Thanks alot

4. Raf900

Raf900 Member

Do you know of availability of any tank decals for the 86 zl900? the red winged decal

5. Chris Smith

Chris Smith New Member

Sorry I dont, I will certainly keep an eye out for you though.

6. Raf900

Raf900 Member

My decal is good ,I would like to repaint the tank someday. I do not see this decal on any other Kawasaki ever made. or a part no.?

7. markus56

markus56 ZL-OA Co-owner Staff Member Administrator Super Moderator Supporting Member

Kawasaki never sold that particular decal as far as I know so I don't think you'll ever find one.

8. VmaxRider

VmaxRider Active Member

Honda is about the only maker I knew of that used the wings in their decals.

9. GaryD

GaryD Active Member

do you have a picture?

10. prfixer

prfixer Senior Member Supporting Member

On the '86 ZL900's, there was a red(Multi-shade or color?) on top of the fuel tank. I'm with Markus, I don't believe there was ever a part number listed for just that decal like there was on the rest of the tank and sidecover decals. The bike was also only available in black. [​IMG]

11. 87kawzl

87kawzl Senior Member

I thought the decal was on some vulcans of the same vintage, I may be showing some senility there though.

12. GaryD

GaryD Active Member

Well...you learn something everyday!!

13. Raf900

Raf900 Member

getPart.jpg