1. Guest,
    We need good tech writers that are willing to help out here at ZL-OA. If you like taking photos of jobs as you perform the steps on your repairs, have historical ads/documents from old magazines, or any else you think belongs in the Technical Library than you might be able to help. Send a private message to Furchin, Mudrunner88, Chris, Jarney, Wuputt, or Markus56 and we can lead you in the right direction to get started.
    Dismiss Notice

Madmann's pig

madmanncr500 Oct 7, 2015

1. madmanncr500

madmanncr500 Well-Known Member

I know a lot of you don't care for the HD bikes....and that's fine, this is my first Harley and Harley build and I just wanted to share it. I got the bike at a good price and it just had trans rebuilt and engine rebuilt, punched over bigger cam new Big S&S carb.......now it isn't a rocket by no means, but its fun, tons of torque to play around with. First pic is what it looked like after I got it home....rode it for the summer like that then did the MADMANN touch and this what I came up with.....:headbang:

Attached Files:

Trojan441 likes this.
  2. Harriminator

Harriminator Senior Member

:thumbsup: I understand, you grew up w/ EASY RIDER...:laughing7:

3. madmanncr500

Yelp my favorite show growing up!!!
    Its just another bike in the garage!!!!!

Attached Files:

4. kawboy

kawboy Supporting Member Technical Author

Looks 10x better now, good job.

5. Illby1

Illby1 Senior Member Supporting Member

Yeah, nothing like a purple Harley with flames.....:puke:

It looks much better, I agree. I can see you on that thing!!

I can hear you now.... sitting at a stop light hitting the 2000 RPM red line, light turns green and you nail it through the first 3 gears and BAM!!!...next thing you know, you're doing 25 MPH!!!! I can see that smart a$$ smile on you're face all the way from here!!

As long as you like it and enjoy riding it is all that matters!!

Scotty B

6. samuelc

samuelc Active Member

whose ninja 1000? I have been thinking about one to use as a sport tour.

7. WillyD

WillyD Senior Member

Looks great bro..I dig what you did to it all around..Is that an EVO motor?

The V twin is a different animal for sure. I am glad I have my Road King to ride and then I can throw a leg over my ZL1 and smile too...

8. madmanncr500

Scotty your to funny.......no we just sit at the light and rev the sht out of them and go no were!!:thumbsup:
    https://youtu.be/_PSf8OsmPzI

Thanks kawboy!

Samuelc That's my wifes 1000 and it is the touring modle....same as The ninja R just has high rise bar mounts and place to mount hard bags on sides....fast as sht!!!
    Willyd thanks bro
    yes EVO punched to 115!!!:headbang:

Like I said its fun to ride, I love the torque it makes!:headbang: It had a Avon Venom-X tire on it when I got it, thing would just do roll on smoke jobs, was so fun to drift a Harley....Then I put the Shinko Tour master on, thing dose wheelies now....:headbang:
    I love the ZL power most and cant wait to get mine back on the road!!!:headbang::headbang:

9. R. J.

R. J. Supporting Member

:hello: How far back on the burner is the CR 500 build.

10. madmanncr500

As soon as the ZLRX is done, the CR500 is next RJ!!!:headbang: I have everything to do it already just need assembled!!

11. VmaxRider

VmaxRider Active Member

That's funny stuff right there.:thumbsup:

12. BudKaw900

BudKaw900 Well-Known Member

Nice job Madman! Your remake is "much" better! :headbang:

13. Bozang1

Bozang1 Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure I replied to this but I guess someone decided to delete my post.
    Edit: nevermind, I replied elsewhere. I guess 2-4 hrs of sleep per night is catching up with me...

Last edited: Oct 8, 2015
  14. madmanncr500

:icon_scratch::yeahthat::dontknow: don't know why wasn't anything bad said......

15. R. J.

R. J. Supporting Member

:hello: Looks good. :thumbsup: Is it flat black & who painted it. I think a post of mine was deleted. Some one must of not liked me making a funny :laughing7: about Harleys rumble.

16. kawboy

kawboy Supporting Member Technical Author

Hmmm . . . some poor schmuck comes on here to sell a ZL and he gets nit-picked, low-balled, and ridiculed relentlessly, but NO Harley jokes(?):dontknow:

17. madmanncr500

Who knows any more kawboy....to many chiefs and not enuff engines....lol!!!!
    RJ, satin black, and I painted it!:thumbsup:

18. R. J.

R. J. Supporting Member

:hello: From a rattle can, sponge, brush or did to roll it on. :laughing7: When we was kids in H S we got drunk one night & painted my friends 66 Chevelle SS with oil base black paint with rollers. At about 100 ft & 90 mph it looked good. :laughing7: We did it in the Dairy Queen parking lot with about 30 spectators. It seems to me that I had over 400 posts deleted. I think it was done for saving space on the Server.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2015
  19. madmanncr500

Last edited: Oct 13, 2015
  20. madmanncr500

Winter tear down!

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2015