1. Guest,
    We need good tech writers that are willing to help out here at ZL-OA. If you like taking photos of jobs as you perform the steps on your repairs, have historical ads/documents from old magazines, or any else you think belongs in the Technical Library than you might be able to help. Send a private message to Furchin, Mudrunner88, Chris, Jarney, Wuputt, or Markus56 and we can lead you in the right direction to get started.
    Dismiss Notice

Model Specific Number?

Lesley Moore Jul 6, 2018

1. Lesley Moore

Lesley Moore New Member

Hi everyone, I need some help trying to find the month my bike was made and how to find my model specific code? As the stickers have been removed buy previous owner and I am wanting to get new ones made up.

2. prfixer

prfixer Senior Member Supporting Member

I don’t know if that’s possible unless Kawasaki has an archive department oe something.

3. 87kawzl

87kawzl Senior Member

If your serial number is close to one on the registry you may get lucky enough to see when yours was born.

4. 87kawzl

87kawzl Senior Member

MikeC has 2880 and yours is 2878! I'll bet they were built in the same month, he listed his in the registry thread one post after yours.

5. markus56

markus56 ZL-OA Co-owner Staff Member Administrator Super Moderator Supporting Member

Only two digits away.....most likely on the same assembly line of the same day.

6. MikeC

MikeC Senior Member

Mine is younger.