1. Guest,
    We need good tech writers that are willing to help out here at ZL-OA. If you like taking photos of jobs as you perform the steps on your repairs, have historical ads/documents from old magazines, or any else you think belongs in the Technical Library than you might be able to help. Send a private message to Furchin, Mudrunner88, Chris, Jarney, Wuputt, or Markus56 and we can lead you in the right direction to get started.
    Dismiss Notice

most desireable clutch set

Bacchus Mar 3, 2010

?

in your opinion which clutch set is most desireable?

1. Barnett

32 vote(s)
    55.2%
  2. EBC

7 vote(s)
    12.1%
  3. DP

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. VESRAH

3 vote(s)
    5.2%
  5. CLUTCH FACTORY

2 vote(s)
    3.4%
  6. KAWASAKI OEM

11 vote(s)
    19.0%
  7. WHATEVER'S CHEAP

3 vote(s)
    5.2%
  1. Bacchus

Bacchus Well-Known Member Supporting Member

which clutset would you most like to have in your zl?

2. CHRIS

CHRIS ZL-OA Co-owner Staff Member Administrator Super Moderator Supporting Member

i have always had good luck with Barnett ! CHRIS

3. zlMark

zlMark Cult Leader

After my experience with the EBC clutch springs I will not buy EBC for anything.

4. Bacchus

what happend?

5. zlMark

zlMark Cult Leader

Nothing yet. I do have them installed in the ZL1000 and they don't fit worth a crap andI can tell how cheap they are by comparing them to the Barnett or even the stock ones. I will be replacing them with 3 Barnetts to be used on the swap motor and the ZL1000.

6. Bacchus

let me know if I can help you with any parts... I need an excuse to thow some proprep in a box for ya...lol

7. Bacchus

this question is designed to get insight at to your opinions... if you are not sure who makes the best parts.... dont worry about it... I am trying to get an idea of what you guys belive are the most desireable, not necessarily the "best"

so if you have not voted because you do not know for sure who makes the best... vote for the brand you would most like to have or try on your ZL..

besides they all claim to be the best anyway...lol

8. Jarney

Jarney Strip Warrior Staff Member Administrator Super Moderator Supporting Member

Ok, I've used Barnett and EBC and didn't really pay attention to which might be better. From what I've seen it seems everyone prefers Barnett as far as the racing community so I would think they "may" be better? Anyway, brakes and clutches are something that are hard to compare and test unless you have 2 identical bikes to test at the same time. So my vote will go to Barnett I guess. Later.

9. davidtrogg

davidtrogg Well-Known Member

I have just fitted an EBC heavy duty clutch set including Heavy duty spring set into my Eli750 ..jesus ,wot a difference pulls so well now and was done in less than an hour
    only grief was takin off the orriginal gasket ,,too friggin ages
    :iamwithstupid: