1. Guest,
    We need good tech writers that are willing to help out here at ZL-OA. If you like taking photos of jobs as you perform the steps on your repairs, have historical ads/documents from old magazines, or any else you think belongs in the Technical Library than you might be able to help. Send a private message to Furchin, Mudrunner88, Chris, Jarney, Wuputt, or Markus56 and we can lead you in the right direction to get started.
    Dismiss Notice

New Tools

R. J. Jul 26, 2015

1. R. J.

R. J. Senior Member

:hello: Tools that aren't used much but are well worth it when needed. :thumbsup: Compression Tester & Blind bearing puller. Puller range is 8 MM to 58 MM.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 26, 2015
  2. R. J.

R. J. Senior Member

3. markus56

markus56 ZL-OA Co-owner Staff Member Administrator Super Moderator Supporting Member

Nice additions to the collection R.J. :thumbsup:

R. J. likes this.
  4. RLTherio

RLTherio Well-Known Member

Nice toys, err tools you have acquired there. I bought me an OTC compression tester kit and once the 12mm adapter stayed in the spark plug hole when I unscrewed the tester. Just had to go back in with the hose and tighten it more. I would rather see a 12" flex 12mm hose that connects right to the gauge instead.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2015
  5. WillyD

WillyD Senior Member

NICE!!:thumbsup:

R. J. likes this.
  6. R. J.

R. J. Senior Member

:hello: My son's Jonathan & Jared bought me a new Porter Cable drill press for fathers day & I'm just now getting around to putting it together. It came with a cross hair laser & shop light.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 13, 2015
  7. samuelc

samuelc Active Member

Im looking at compression testers. that looks like a nice set. I too worry about getting the adaptor stuck in the spark plug well.

8. RLTherio

I've had the adapter stuck in the plug well just once, went back in and tightened it up a bit more. Maybe use a drop of blue lock-tite might help? But you would have to let it set up before using and leave it that way for future use.

R. J. likes this.
  9. R. J.

R. J. Senior Member

:hello: The compression tester I bought is made in the USA so it should be a good unit. It cost $65.

10. RLTherio

There should be a hose/connector that is the correct size; 12mm, so you don't have to use the adapter to go from 14mm down to 12mm and possibly have to retrieve it from the plug well.

R. J. likes this.
  11. samuelc

samuelc Active Member

Im gonna go look at a craftsman set on my lunch break. 63$

12. R. J.

R. J. Senior Member

:hello: I bought a bearing puller for when bearings get stuck on water pump shafts. A collection of flywheel pullers, brake caliber piston tool & brake bleeder set.

Attached Files:

13. R. J.

R. J. Senior Member

:hello: For the most part I do not buy Craftsman tools to much any more since they are going mostly to China Manufacturing.

14. samuelc

samuelc Active Member

If its made in any place but USA i aint gonna buy it.:laughing7:

R. J. likes this.
  15. RLTherio

So what does that leave for "Made in the USA"? Snap-On?

16. samuelc

samuelc Active Member

You are right. Craftsman, made in taiwan.

17. R. J.

R. J. Senior Member

:hello: It is hard to find U S made tools unless you pay out the ying yang for them. 90% of my tools was from when I worked in Areospace. They all came home with me when I got laid off. :laughing7:

18. samuelc

samuelc Active Member

I have a nice American made compression tester but I don't have the 12mm plug adaptor. I can't find anywhere to buy the adaptor without buying a whole set.

19. RLTherio

20. markus56

markus56 ZL-OA Co-owner Staff Member Administrator Super Moderator Supporting Member

I'm with you R.J., Craftsman lost my business when they decided to go to China and make their stuff. If I'd've known they would eventually sell us out like that, I'd've been buying Snapon years ago!

R. J. likes this.