1. Guest,
    We need good tech writers that are willing to help out here at ZL-OA. If you like taking photos of jobs as you perform the steps on your repairs, have historical ads/documents from old magazines, or any else you think belongs in the Technical Library than you might be able to help. Send a private message to Furchin, Mudrunner88, Chris, Jarney, Wuputt, or Markus56 and we can lead you in the right direction to get started.
    Dismiss Notice

Original or Modified?

ARCHIVE_al May 20, 2004

?

What is your rear shock length(zl 900, and 1000s only please)

1. Stock Shocks

100.0%
  2. Lowwer then Stock Addon

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Higher then Stock Addon

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. ARCHIVE_al

ARCHIVE_al Guest

Another message for Rocky!!

Hey Rocky

Can you confirm you've had my mail about the 900 seat?

Cheers

Al :D

2. Hey Al, Got the Email, Cant tell on Shiping Till I send It, Then You just Owe Me Shiping, Will Contact You when it Gets To Me, I can Probaly Slide The Levers in Too., Later Rocky :evil:

3. Kawasaki-krazy

Kawasaki-krazy Senior Member

I was wondering how many of our bikes have been modified from the original.

I'm desperately trying to keep my ZL1000 absolutely stock (difficult these days with parts becoming scarce) but I know that quite a few others have done so many mods that they are becoming unrecognisable as an Eliminator, not that there's anything fundamentally wrong with that.

Sometimes I feel I'm the only one with an original bike

So....Come on guys.........Who likes 'em straight and who's bike is now a Yamkawsuki

KK

4. zl900_moab

zl900_moab Senior Member

Not that parts were unavailable, I just wanted to 'amp up' the performance a little bit, I will have Supertrapp exhaust, stage 3 with pods, prolly Dyna ignition (for now adjustable advance), new paint, new (re-covered) seat, Spiegler brake lines, different turn signals, all LED lights (if possible), Progressive suspension front and rear, and eventually....Fuel Injection....I also am going to try to widen a stock tank for extra runs down the strip between re-fills...But all things considered, it will be a modified stock appearance, but will still maintain the unmistakeable ZL look and feel...
    I love the stock bikes, in fact my parts went to stock restoration....2 of them actually, so now there are 2 stock ZL's to my 1 modified....A fair trade...
    moab...

5. Rick_in_WA

Rick_in_WA _________________________ BANNED

I am shooting for absolute stock, but parts are hard to find, (Rad shroud and frame plastic), so best I can hope for this year is "Stock Apearing"
    but stock or not I have the best seat...........hahahahahahaha

6. zlMark

zlMark Cult Leader

K&N RC2774 Pods
    Slightly Modified stock exhaust
    Vance Hines 5 Degree advancer
    dynojet stage 3

7. bull

bull Well-Known Member

Stock is my goal

My Scoot is close, with parts so difficult to come by maybe it will never be 100% stock but it won't be from lack of wanting or trying. My seats still good to go but I wouldn't consider a re-covered seat as being a non-stock bike Rick.

8. LUMI

LUMI Senior Member

Stock, i have made some modifications to my other 900, but have all the original parts left to put them back when needed.

In my opinion it is hard to make the 900 look better than what it looks on
    stock :D

9. zlMark

zlMark Cult Leader

:yeahthat:

10. SnakeDoctor

SnakeDoctor Senior Member

Have to stick with stock right now but will modify a little later on, when I win the lotto. 55555

11. eliuk

eliuk Senior Member

mildly modded but stuck to origingal look including keeping the airbox

junked collector box (rusted out) sidekick s/s mufflers.
    mini indicators.
    pillion grab handles of a zl1000.
    pillion pad made up.
    adjustable clutch lever (of a zrx1100).
    braided brake hoses.
    fork protectors.
    screen.
    paintwork.

12. acp

acp Senior Member

The only thing at the moment that isn't stock on mine is dials and light, or in my case dial and lights. I'll post pics soon. You can't blame in on me though, it was all done before I got the bike.

I will probably be getting a custom exhaust soon as mine is on the way out. Luckily a friend of mine has welded all the holes up for now.

13. Mikweg

Mikweg Well-Known Member

so not only am I the only one with a green n gold ELI it seems I'm the only one with a completely stock bike - however can't wait to change the airbox for the K&N filters simply cos they look cool. pictures of Markzl900's bike inspired me plus I remember the sound it used to make on my very old 1275gt - sweet
    :D

14. monkeyhanger

monkeyhanger Senior Member

THINK MINES QUITE CLOSE TO STOCK????????

15. Kawasaki-krazy

Kawasaki-krazy Senior Member

Has your Eli been modified
    Absolutely stock 30% [ 4 ]
    Tinkered a bit 61% [ 8 ]
    Had to... parts unavailable 0% [ 0 ]
    Heavily modified 7% [ 1 ]
    What's an Eliminator? 0% [ 0 ]

Total Votes : 13

Seems to me like there might be 4 of us with stock bikes

KK

16. monkeyhanger

MY PICS ARE POSTED TAKE A LOOK

17. zlMark

zlMark Cult Leader

I think you get the vote for most modified :D

18. monkeyhanger

AND STILL GOING JUST PUT 4 NEW CANS ON TODAY LOOKS REALLY DIFFERENT,MODEL A REAR LIGHTS TOMORROW THEN STRIP AND PAINT POST MORE PICS LATER. ANDY

19. zl900_moab

zl900_moab Senior Member

Coming together and looking real good, too!!!!
    Keep us posted.
    moab...

20. Markzl1100

Markzl1100 Senior Member

Modified

Hi Guys,
    Just about everything has been modified on my bike, Just replaced the complete exhaust system.
    [​IMG]
    The brackets are just temporary; they will be replaced in the near future.

Cheers

(www.markzl900.tk)