1. Guest,
    We need good tech writers that are willing to help out here at ZL-OA. If you like taking photos of jobs as you perform the steps on your repairs, have historical ads/documents from old magazines, or any else you think belongs in the Technical Library than you might be able to help. Send a private message to Furchin, Mudrunner88, Chris, Jarney, Wuputt, or Markus56 and we can lead you in the right direction to get started.
    Dismiss Notice

Pingel petcock

caddie21 May 23, 2020

1. caddie21

caddie21 Active Member

thinking of installing a pingel petcock I like the idea of having an off setting but the question is what to do with the vacuum line going to the original petcock? I guessing just remove it and plug the hole in the carburetor. Anyone have idea what size vacuum lines are?

2. Harriminator

Harriminator Senior Member

3. caddie21

caddie21 Active Member

Ok that was what I was thinking. I guess that line only operates the petcock and is not needed.

4. Harriminator

Harriminator Senior Member

Yep, to suck the diaphragm for opening fuel channel inside.

5. caddie21

caddie21 Active Member

Thank you appreciate the knowledge

6. wayne davie

wayne davie Member

I fitted one to my 1000 and tap catches the lip of tank so will have to grind a bit of the tap lever.

7. R. J.

R. J. Supporting Member

:hello: The ZL STORE sells PINGEL fuel valves but the owner is MIA. If anything you can get the part #s from his Web Site. You will also need the plate. Also you will need to cut the fuel valve slot in your fuel tank to make it larger in order to get the adapter plate on/in your fuel tank.