1. Guest,
    We need good tech writers that are willing to help out here at ZL-OA. If you like taking photos of jobs as you perform the steps on your repairs, have historical ads/documents from old magazines, or any else you think belongs in the Technical Library than you might be able to help. Send a private message to Furchin, Mudrunner88, Chris, Jarney, Wuputt, or Markus56 and we can lead you in the right direction to get started.
    Dismiss Notice

Poll - what exhaust do you have?

kawboy Nov 20, 2010

?

What exhaust do have on your 900/1000?

1. all stock

66.7%
  2. SuperTrapp (1st gen Holshot)

11.1%
  3. Holeshot (newer canister type)

8.1%
  4. Cobra

1.5%
  5. D&D

12.6%
  6. other (please specify, pics are nice!)

8.1%
  7. Campbell X-Pipe

0.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. kawboy

kawboy Supporting Member Technical Author

Just wondering what exhaust everyone has.

If you check "other", please explain (pics too!)

2. markus56

markus56 ZL-OA Co-owner Staff Member Administrator Super Moderator Supporting Member

I have all stock on all four of my ZL's and are the best looking exhaust you can put on a ZL IMHO. I do have one set of mufflers on a bike that will get re-chroming very soon but it's the only one needing attention. Like most people here though........I'll buy a set of Supertrapps if I ever run up on a set worth having. I bought one of my bikes with Cobra's on it and couldn't wait to get them off of there and put the OEM mufflers back on. :hello:

3. CHRIS

CHRIS ZL-OA Co-owner Staff Member Administrator Super Moderator Supporting Member

2 of my ZL's have stock exhaust, Eleanor has a D&D, & the ZL-14 will most likely have something custom.

CHRIS

[​IMG]

4. Bacchus

Bacchus Senior Member Supporting Member

I have one with dale walkers slip ons, one d&d with race can, one d&d with street can... both loudern'.....f

5. paulfun

paulfun "King Of The 1/4mi (Internally Stock)"

I have one bike with trapps one with D&D and one all stock. The forth bike right now is without and deciding wich way to go as I have stock and F1,s to choose from for it.

A few pics
    sorry no pics with the D&D so i put one in from when the stock pipes were still on.

Attached Files:

6. CHRIS

CHRIS ZL-OA Co-owner Staff Member Administrator Super Moderator Supporting Member

right bike, wrong side ! thought i had a better pic. showing your D&D paul.

[​IMG]

7. Markzl1100

Markzl1100 Senior Member

Cut down z1000 cans, headers custom made

cheers

[​IMG]

8. eliuk

eliuk Senior Member

stock downpipes, power chamber removed and duel mufflers from "sidekick" fitted
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. 87kawzl

87kawzl Well-Known Member

Im lucky enough to have my stock mufflers put away and the 1st gen trapps on the bike.

10. Jarney

Jarney Strip Warrior Staff Member Administrator Super Moderator Supporting Member

11. Jim L

Jim L Supporting Member

D&D looks tough, I wish the had that same look with TWO mufflers, I would definitely want that. I wish my Trapps were chrome...

12. Jim L

Jim L Supporting Member

Hey Paul,
    How does the exhaust sound with the baffles on the pipes, I have the open tips and I would like to quiet it down a little. Have you ever heard the open pipes? I wanted to know if there is a difference...

13. zlMark

zlMark Cult Leader

You talking about the trapps Jim? If so i have the end caps removed and it's pretty loud. They're fairly quiet with the closed end caps and i think the default amount of discs is 7

14. Jim L

Jim L Supporting Member

Thanks, I'll check out the discs.

15. tmdoth

tmdoth Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Two have stock exhaust and one was bought with second gen holeshots.

Looking at taking the stockers from the resto and fabbing a custom set from them since the bottoms are rotting out.

I'll try to find pics once I get them uploaded to photobucket or something.

Too bad the poll only allows for one entry, prevents getting an accurate view of what is out there.

16. kawboy

It is multiple choice - or it's supposed to be.

17. kawboy

No Cobra F1's out there?

18. Jim L

Jim L Supporting Member

I had them and when I had the Trapps put on I left them at the shop... DUH... I thought - " I'll never use these...":iamwithstupid:

19. f1nxlife

f1nxlife Supporting Member

whats up kawboy,,,,,both my zl s have stock exhausts,,,,,i love the way they sound and i love the way they look,,,even when i owned my zx 9 ,i had a stock exhaust..my hyabusa has yosh rs3 slip ons,,,but i do want to have a nice loud header when i eventually get an 09,,

20. Shoji

Shoji Well-Known Member

No lies... I absolutely love the stock OEM look of the exhaust on the ZL's. One of the big things that jumped out at me when I was originally looking at purchasing a ZL years ago.