1. Guest,
    We need good tech writers that are willing to help out here at ZL-OA. If you like taking photos of jobs as you perform the steps on your repairs, have historical ads/documents from old magazines, or any else you think belongs in the Technical Library than you might be able to help. Send a private message to Furchin, Mudrunner88, Chris, Jarney, Wuputt, or Markus56 and we can lead you in the right direction to get started.
    Dismiss Notice

Proud owner of a 1986 ZL600

Alex Duck Jun 7, 2018

1. Alex Duck

Alex Duck New Member

Within the last couple months I was able to snag up this 1986 ZL600 for $1,000. I consider that an awesome deal. I did fix the broken reflector and cleaned up any blemishes i could find, i'll post updated pictures once I wash her this weekend.

I look forward to being part of this group as I have already used many threads for assistance/knowledge in case something were to go wrong. So here's to many fun times ahead! :thumbsup::occasion16:

20180408_174256 (1).jpg
    20180408_174301.jpg

2. kvalheim

kvalheim Well-Known Member

Welcome to the group

Alex Duck likes this.
  3. ZL900LV

ZL900LV New Member

Thank you, Im looking for fuel line plumbing info on this 1986 ZL900. If you know anyone that can help Im in need.
    I got her for $200, stole it been sitting for 16 years and it was in pieces but carbs are built now cams lubed oil changed and all maintenance done not sure about my fuel lines. Feel dumb since ive been a mechanic so long but want to make sure its rite.

4. furchin

furchin ZL-OA Co-owner Staff Member Administrator Super Moderator Supporting Member

ZL900LV, not sure if the information is is in the shop manual or not but check out our download section for the manuals. You will need the ZL manual and and the zx base manual also.

5. R. J.

R. J. Senior Member

:hello: Alex nice ZL 600. :notworthy:. ZL900LV. The fuel line connects between #2 & #3 carbs on the black T joint. The small line from the petcock fuel valve is vacuum pick up which connects to top of #2 carb.

Alex Duck likes this.
  6. Alex Duck

Alex Duck New Member

Thanks much :thumbsup:

7. ZL900LV

ZL900LV New Member

Okay good so the bottom T is the main fuel feed and I have the vacuum line from #2 to petcock. Now I have another T on the top side was curious about wondering if that runs to the metal tube under the tank looked like the correct spot for it but im not sure.

8. R. J.

R. J. Senior Member

:hello: I think that is for the smog emissions. I took mine off & installed block off plates. So I'm not sure. Do you have a manual.

9. ZLrider

ZLrider Well-Known Member

I'm sure you'll like it. I have one too and I'm quite fond of it. Seems plenty fast to me and I'm able to easily flat foot it which is very nice. It also handles very well compared to other bikes I've been on.

As for the great deal, you paid about what it's worth. After testing the waters a time or two I've found that outside of this forum there's no real interest or demand. The Elis are just one of countless 4 across Jap bikes offered over many many years. If anything their scarcity leads to them being harder to keep going and IMO they are harder than most to work on. Neither of which is a selling point. Not bashing these at all, just my fair appraisal of these machines. Other opinions I'm sure will vary.