1. Guest,
    We need good tech writers that are willing to help out here at ZL-OA. If you like taking photos of jobs as you perform the steps on your repairs, have historical ads/documents from old magazines, or any else you think belongs in the Technical Library than you might be able to help. Send a private message to Furchin, Mudrunner88, Chris, Jarney, Wuputt, or Markus56 and we can lead you in the right direction to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  1. ZLrider

ZLrider Senior Member

Anybody else have constant rain putting a damper on the riding season? We've been getting rain 8 or 9 out of every 10 days for about the last 6 mos. I've been out 3x so far. On the rare days that it isn't raining I have a long list of chores that can only be done when it's dry that many times can't be put off any longer.

I don't know if human activity is causing it and I don't really think with an ever growing world population we can do a damned thing about it, but at least in my corner of the world the weather pattern has definitely changed.

2. R. J.

R. J. Supporting Member

:hello: Here in Central FL Volusia County it's been raining every day for the past 2 weeks all day long which is rare. At least the temp is in the high 80s instead of the high 90s but the humidity is still in the high 90s. It normally rains every day in FL mostly in the early afternoon for 20 minutes or so but this all day crap is getting old.

3. 87kawzl

87kawzl Supporting Member

Swampy here in the Burgh but at least we aren't getting hit with sweltering heat. Way over average rainfall this year, last year was a wet one too. Saw heavy flooding here a few weeks ago.

Lots of passing showers lately that will pop up at any time and we are going into another wet week.

We have had some really nice days for riding if ya don't mind dodging the cicadas and gravel washed across the road.

4. GaryD

GaryD Supporting Member

Recon it's mother nature balancing the books...we're trying to overheat the world and she's throwing water on us to even it up.

5. markus56

markus56 ZL-OA Co-owner Staff Member Administrator Super Moderator Supporting Member

Really wet here too. Last year we broke the record for the wettest year ever and we're ahead of last year at this time.

6. Fern

Fern Supporting Member

May showers are still going here at Chicago, plus rain this whole week according to forecast. I have only ridden two times this year because of the cold and rain. Going to be a short summer for riding.

7. ZLrider

ZLrider Senior Member

Fern knows what I'm talking about. It poured again last night and looks like more on the way. I'm in NW Indiana BTW, not far from Chitown.

Yesterday was absolutely perfect and managed to get in a sweet morning ride. Hope we get a few more days like that before the heat sets in.

The cidada thing is interesting to me, because I live in a wooded area that has tons of cicadas, but they hardly ever fly. They seem to just hang out in the trees. Must be a diff kind of cicada. Ours are so noisy it is unbelievable during warm late summer evenings.

8. R. J.

R. J. Supporting Member

:hello: Our all day rain has finally let up. For the next week our chance of rain is 10 to 20%.

9. PTPopz813

PTPopz813 Member

the rain has been nice here

10. 87kawzl

87kawzl Supporting Member

I think they only last a day once they she'd their exoskeleton and that's what's left hanging on the tree. It seems that they fly about as well as a turkey.