1. Guest,
    We need good tech writers that are willing to help out here at ZL-OA. If you like taking photos of jobs as you perform the steps on your repairs, have historical ads/documents from old magazines, or any else you think belongs in the Technical Library than you might be able to help. Send a private message to Furchin, Mudrunner88, Chris, Jarney, Wuputt, or Markus56 and we can lead you in the right direction to get started.
    Dismiss Notice

Seasoning rotors and bedding brakes

87kawzl Aug 14, 2018

1. 87kawzl

87kawzl Senior Member

I have Baer brakes on my car and they have a pdf available for the proper procedure on how to get the most out of your brakes. Enjoy the light reading and be careful bedding in the pads.

Attached Files:

2. R. J.

R. J. Senior Member

:hello: I think madmancr500 has that same one on his ZL 9 but he's MIA. He doesn't like the new Forum so he quit posting up.

3. Trojan441

Trojan441 Active Member

Well there's not a lot of science to it, fit your new pads, pump the front brake lever till you meet some resistance, check you have no fluid leaks! Then ride out on the road feathering the brakes lightly repeatedly to bed them in avoiding any close encounters with other obstacles and vehicles it took mine about 40 miles to bed it felt like i had brakes again! Just take it easy for the first few days till the pads bed in fully!