1. Guest,
    We need good tech writers that are willing to help out here at ZL-OA. If you like taking photos of jobs as you perform the steps on your repairs, have historical ads/documents from old magazines, or any else you think belongs in the Technical Library than you might be able to help. Send a private message to Furchin, Mudrunner88, Chris, Jarney, Wuputt, or Markus56 and we can lead you in the right direction to get started.
    Dismiss Notice

Seat Recover/Upholstery

rammy1500 May 10, 2019

1. rammy1500

rammy1500 Supporting Member X2

After returning from Daytona and nice rides everyday but sore butt, I thought I would check into a gel pad for the seat. I came across a guy on Facebook Market place in Ohio, that does upholstery and thought I would take a gamble and see what kind of work he does. I talked to upholstery guys at the swap meets in Daytona and most wanted about $300 or more to redo a seat, especially using gel padding. I got this done for $185, which included gel padding, widening of the rear pad and new cover. Here are some before and after pictures.

Shannon Reaper
    205 4th Ave
    Gallipolis, Ohio 45631
    740-377-5850

I had a donor seat off of a parts bike that I sent him that was in very bad shape. The one picture of the two seats is my original seat on the left and the new seat on the right.

Last edited: May 10, 2019
    R. J. likes this.
  2. R. J.

R. J. Supporting Member

:hello: Nice. :notworthy:. That was a good price. I paid $200 to have my spare ZL 10 seat made wider & the rear part made longer for my wife when she rides with me. My seat guy charges $80 to recover a seat that has good foam.

3. kvalheim

kvalheim Well-Known Member

Ordered mine for zl900 pre-made shipped to my door less than 60 bucks and did it myself

4. 87kawzl

87kawzl Supporting Member

How's the comfort? Do you know what thickness the jel was that was used?

Looks good Rammy.

5. rammy1500

rammy1500 Supporting Member X2

It feels so much better and probably close to an inch of extra padding. The gf likes the bigger rear seat.

R. J. likes this.
  6. R. J.

R. J. Supporting Member

:hello: Ya got to keep the Women in the saddle. :notworthy:.