1. Guest,
    We need good tech writers that are willing to help out here at ZL-OA. If you like taking photos of jobs as you perform the steps on your repairs, have historical ads/documents from old magazines, or any else you think belongs in the Technical Library than you might be able to help. Send a private message to Furchin, Mudrunner88, Chris, Jarney, Wuputt, or Markus56 and we can lead you in the right direction to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  1. Not a V-Max

Not a V-Max New Member

Looking for a pair of Supertrapps. I had a perfect pair that I sold on an ‘85 ZL900 back in 2003, never thinking I would ever buy another Eliminator. And then 16 years later I did. They don’t have to be perfect. A wrecked pair or single may work. I more or less need them for measurements to TIG weld and fabricate a new pair from donors. I contacted Dale Walker and he told me what he could. I talked to him once before back in ‘95, he’s a good dude. Don’t hesitate to buy from him. He also told me that once his warehouse stock of Hole Shot slip-ons is exhausted, they will no longer be available as well.

2. 87kawzl

87kawzl Supporting Member

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/sup-443-2017/ look close but the cone on the ZL is eccentric. RJ mounted a shorty trapp if that look fits the bill with you it allows more room for a mid pipe.

I can hook you up with measurements from originals if you could use them.

R. J. likes this.
  3. Not a V-Max

Not a V-Max New Member

Any measurements and pictures would be greatly appreciated. If memory serves me correctly, they were 3 inch megaphone trapps that we’re cut and modified with stainless steel funnels. It was all TIG welded together to hook directly in the stock head pipes with the resonator removed.

4. R. J.

R. J. Supporting Member

5. Not a V-Max

Not a V-Max New Member

I checked out your 10" trapps. They give a nice clean look. I can't tell for sure, but it looks like you kept your resonator(pre muffler). Does keeping that on choke up your exhaust at all?

6. R. J.

R. J. Supporting Member

:hello: Yes the cross over resonator is still part of the exhaust. I kept it because the SS pipes that Willy D made was designed for the resonator.

7. Not a V-Max

Not a V-Max New Member

Measurements would be great thanks.

8. 87kawzl

I need to round up my angle finder, it's at my other house.

9. 87kawzl

I didn't forget about you. It's going to be tough to get the proper angles of the pipes without taking one off. Even then there are some funky angles involved. It definitely wouldn't be an ez cone to make for the transition from header to the muffler. I've been really busy with getting a house ready to sell but will find some time sooner or later.