1. Guest,
    We need good tech writers that are willing to help out here at ZL-OA. If you like taking photos of jobs as you perform the steps on your repairs, have historical ads/documents from old magazines, or any else you think belongs in the Technical Library than you might be able to help. Send a private message to Furchin, Mudrunner88, Chris, Jarney, Wuputt, or Markus56 and we can lead you in the right direction to get started.
    Dismiss Notice

TACHOMETER

f1nxlife Feb 27, 2020

1. f1nxlife

f1nxlife Supporting Member

Gentlemen , Its been years since I have been on here, Im running my ZL 900 after sitting for a few months, and the tach needle is bouncing, DOES ANYONE have a TACHOMETER for sale, ?? Ill take one from a 900 or a 1000,

Thanks

Brett

2. R. J.

R. J. Supporting Member

3. wuputt

wuputt ZL-OA Co-owner Staff Member Administrator Super Moderator Technical Author Supporting Member

Always welcome here! First open your headlight and open/close all the connections dielectric grease on em.

4. 87kawzl

87kawzl Supporting Member

Hi Brett,
    Good luck on the tach, wuputt offers some great advice here.

Could use a read of some of your creative writing about ripping through the canyons. Winter sucks here...lol. lowlife reared his disturbing avitar the other day, now we need to hear from Chris and the band will be back together.

5. R. J.

R. J. Supporting Member

:hello: We haven't heard from WillyD in quite sometime either.

6. madmanncr500

madmanncr500 Senior Member

HEY......am I chop liver over here......:eek:
    putts, right clean connections well

7. 87kawzl

87kawzl Supporting Member

Sorry Madman!

madmanncr500 likes this.
  8. Supereli

Supereli Member

Tachometer
    Hello, I have both, speedometers and rev counters.
    Refurbished, including needle damping. Everything else like new. Incl. high gloss housing. But not to give away for a few Dollars.......
    I offer them on Ebay.
    Member of the Forum get a special price.
    But shipping and tax.....

f1nxlife likes this.
  9. f1nxlife

Call me, 310 809 6306 lets make a deal.,I will also try checking the connections, with that being said, I still want to buy another Tach

10. f1nxlife

Hello all !! Since I started my business 6 years ago, I have been able to buy a brand new Ducati Monster 1200 S Stripe ( RED ) , I loved it so much, I bought a brand new Ducati Monster 1200 R in Thrilling black. These bikes are absolutely the best machines built in the world from a riders standpoint. I cant begin to tell you how insane they are !! The acceleration, braking, suspension, handling and comfort are not like any other motorcycle I have owned. I have been honing my skills in the canyons on these machines, and my riding ability has increased exponentially !! I was also able to completely rebuild the Hyabusa motor, with an APE big bore 1400 kit, and rebuilt top end, heads, ETC, and a completely new lower end. I have put enough miles on the Suzuki and will have it re DYNO ed in the near future, ; last rear wheel numbers were 198 HP and 100 + ft lbs of torque . I also picked up a BMW K1200 RS, sport touring bike , some of my friends have turned me on to making longer trips and this is the bike I chose , Its called the Flying Brick , its 4 cylinders in line, but in a trans verse set up , cylinders on one side, crank case on the opposite side, it has electronic cruise control and heated grips , side bags and so forth. The engine and transmission are separate from one another. It has a front telelever forks and linked power brakes. My ZLs are still in great shape, I had the 900 out yesterday and today, its seems likes its running pretty good despite it sitting in the garage for months at a time. I plan on taking the 1000 out and riding it so I can stretch its legs. My beast of burden 84 Kawasaki GPz 1100 has gone through a total motor brake down and then put back together after I had to send the PRESSED FIT CRANKSHAFT to the only place in the country that rebuilds them, Falacon in Florida. Got the bike back over last summer and had a lot of fun on it, I have not ridden it in a while, but I will soon enough. This forum has a lot of memories for me, the members and all the posts. I understand things and people change. I dont think I could ever part with my 2 ZLs, if just to sit and look at them,!! They are so cool !! I didnt plan on spending all the money I did on the GPz, but you know, once you start, its hard not to quit until you get it the way you want it, like the ZLs , I dont plan on ever selling it, I have got a ton of spare parts for it as well. I hope all you fellows are doing well, I will try and once again be a regular contributing member here.

Brett

R. J. likes this.
  11. Harriminator

Harriminator Senior Member

12. Supereli

Supereli Member

Hello, you seem to be a crazy guy with some motorbike experience ;)
    If you switch from Ducati to ZL, will you think you are sitting on a steam locomotive ?!

Phonewith me becomes difficult because the automatic translator does not work that way, from Bavarian Slang to English ....

13. GaryD

GaryD Supporting Member

used to have a ZL and a ZXR750.

Took me about 5 miles to get back into riding one properly if I'd just been riding the other.!!!