1. Guest,
    We need good tech writers that are willing to help out here at ZL-OA. If you like taking photos of jobs as you perform the steps on your repairs, have historical ads/documents from old magazines, or any else you think belongs in the Technical Library than you might be able to help. Send a private message to Furchin, Mudrunner88, Chris, Jarney, Wuputt, or Markus56 and we can lead you in the right direction to get started.
    Dismiss Notice

To Smoke or not to Smoke?

ARCHIVE_Bill4 Jul 20, 2004

?

Athena Gaskets, are they value for money?

1. Excellent (better than OEM)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. On par with OEM

100.0%
  3. Below average

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Steer well clear

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. ARCHIVE_Bill4

ARCHIVE_Bill4 Guest

Need ZL900 "frame gadget" ?

I am trying to find the right side, black frame cover that goes over the relays. The ZL 900/ZL1000 Service Manual Supplement calls it a "frame gadget". The left side covers the radiator cap. I have the left side, I need the right side. Can anyone help me out?
    Also, in the owners manual, it says something about a chain lock under the seat. Did the chain locks come with the bike from the factory? If so, does the ignition key fit the chain lock? Just wondering...
    Thanks, Bill4

2. ARCHIVE_Shlim1

ARCHIVE_Shlim1 Guest

Bill,

Sorry, cant help you on the cover.

The lock was an accessory to be purchased seperatly from the bike. It had it's own keys, and wouldn't expect the bike keys to work with it. There was one on Ebay last week, for what I thought an overpriced Buy it Now of $65.00 +/-. It did not make it's reserve, so maybe keep an eye out for it again?? You can also check with the dealer, if you truely want an OEM piece of equipment.

Rob in Chicago

3. I may have one (gadget that is). Give me a couple of days to rummage through the junk in my shed and I may be able to help you out

KK

4. Hey Bill, Theres a Set on Ebay at the Moment, Look under "Kawasaki Eliminator", Later Rocky :evil:

5. ARCHIVE_Bill4

ARCHIVE_Bill4 Guest

KK & Rocky, Thanks for the help. I think I will try to get the set on ebay. Maybe I can get them cheaper than shipping from England. KK, let me try this first just in case you DO have one, let me know. First time bidding on ebay, I will let you know how it goes. Is anyone else interested in the frame covers on ebay??? Let me know before the bidding starts so we don't bump heads. Thanks again for the help

Bill4

6. Hey Bill, Wait for the Last Few Minutes To Bid, Thats when all the Serious Biding is Done. Also the Ebay Clock can be off by as Much as 5 Minutes. Ive got a Cable Hook up, Superfast, Let me know if you want some Help, Later Rocky :evil:

7. ARCHIVE_Bill4

ARCHIVE_Bill4 Guest

Won the frame covers on ebay, will post when I get them. May have a spare left side cover. Will let you guys know,
    Thanks for the help, Bill4

8. zlMark

zlMark Cult Leader

I was just curious on the amount of smokers vs non-smokers here and your feelings on smoking. In Ohio they passed a smoking ban which will take effect in June. Currently they are making the rules for it now(Should have been done before the vote,lol) With my job and my dependancy on smoking this ban will really make it a pain in the ass to be a smoker! So I have decided to join the majority of the people and quit.

I'm 40 yrs old now and have been smoking since I was a teenager. My father died from smoking in 01' At that time I was a non-smoker. I quit smoking in July of 96' and was a non-smoker for 7 years. I went through divorce in 2003 and quite often was around people smoking. I never thought I could pick this nasty habit up again but I did. You know with me all it took was one cigarette to start me back up. Don't get me wrong, I like smoking. What I don't like is the chemical dependancy I now feel when I don't smoke. Hell I'd smoke regularly if I felt I could. It would be nice to have a beer and a smoke on occasion but I know that ain't gonna happen!

Well with a little help from a prescription called Chantix I have kicked the habit again. This time I know that I cannot and will not smoke! It's been almost 2 weeks since my last smoke and I'm doing very well with it. The Chantix really works. It blocks cravings, it blocks them so well I forget to take them!

Please take time to comment on this topic, wish me luck, and answer the poll

9. acp

acp Senior Member

A smoking ban is coming into effect in the UK this year as well. It's going to be a ban on smoking in any enclosed public building. To be able to smoke in a building it has to have at least half of it's sides open.

I'm an ex smoker, I started smoking when I was about 13 and quit about 2 months before my 16th. People smoking around me doesn't bother me, the only thing that bothers me about it is the fact that my clothes always reek when I get home. So that'll be one advantage of the ban, I can go to a pub and not have to have a shower and change of clothes as soon as I get in.

Good Luck Mark, let us know how it goes.

10. monkeyhanger

monkeyhanger Senior Member

:225 I QUIT 5 YRS AGO AFTER 20 ODD YEARS. THE HARDEST AND BEST THING I`VE DONE.I CAN SMELL HOW BAD I MUST OF BEEN ON OTHER PEOPLE NOW!STILL NEED ABOUT THREE PACKS OF CHEWING GUM A DAY TO KEEP ME OF THEM THOUGH :good luck: ANDY

11. zl900_moab

zl900_moab Senior Member

After my hospital stay, I quit, cold turkey and I feel better than I have in a long time, you can do it, people, just quit, you contol your life, not cigarettes....Plus, you can put all that smoke money into your ZL!!!!!
    Quit....NOW!!!!!
    moab...

12. Southernstyle

Southernstyle Senior Member

The city I work in just passed a smoking ban, which makes doing outdoor shows a big pain in the ass. I guess I need to join the ranks of the reformed and let that habit go. Good luck with your quest Mark!
    Later,
    SS

13. Rick_in_WA

Rick_in_WA _________________________ BANNED

no comment here

14. Kawasaki-krazy

Kawasaki-krazy Senior Member

The smoking ban in all enclosed spaces has had quite an effect here in Sunny Scotland.
    If you own a vehicle and use that vehicle for work related purposes you are not allowed to smoke in it???????IN YOU OWN BLOODY VEHICLE for christs sake!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also, since we are not allowed to smoke in pubs now, it makes going for a beer on a Friday/Saturday night a terrifying experience. Mainly because you now get massive groups of people all hanging about outside the pubs having a smoke, :detective: not too bad you might think untill you realise that all these groups probably have a history of hating each other, and they're all [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]FULL OF BEER!!!!!!! The fighting has increased dramatically [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]and city centres are now a no-go area at weekends :nonono:

Hasn't stopped me smoking though[​IMG][​IMG]

KK

KK

15. Kris900zl

Kris900zl Senior Member

I live in Newfoundland we arnt allowed to smoke in the bars or public places.I herd of the ban in your cars where will you smoke than you be like someone tryin to smoke a draw of weed. I dont get it a free world and your being told what to do. I know u need rules and regulations but things are gettin way out of hand.I smoke and as much as I love to smoke I still want to quit.

Kris900zl

16. SnakeDoctor

SnakeDoctor Senior Member

Mark, How much is this Chantix and what is the recommended dosage and how to get it?

17. zlMark

zlMark Cult Leader

It's prescription only and it's about $120 i'm guessing. My prescription card covered some of it

18. zl900_moab

zl900_moab Senior Member

America....Land of the Free and Home of the Brave.....As long as you don't smoke on the street, or your car, or at the bar, or in a restaurant, or on your porch, or on your bike, or in the park.....Shall I go on?
    I agree it's silly to pass these ridiculous laws and dictate what people do to their bodies, although, in this day and age, if you smoke for 40 years and get cancer, it's not your fault, because noone in this country is accountable for any of the stupid-assed **** they do, it's always someone elses friggin' fault....I hate this day and age...You FUCKED UP....You smoked for 40 FUCKING YEARS, IT'S not anyone's fault but YOURS, ASSHAT!!!!!
    moab...
    ps....Sorry for the rant.

19. Southernstyle

Southernstyle Senior Member

Come on Moab, we're all friends here. Tell us how ya really feel about it.
    I see the Gov. of Texas, I think, has made it a law that teen girls attending public schools get vaccinated for the STD that causes cervical cancer. Great idea, maybe we can rid the state of Texas from this plague. Or maybe it's a politiical favor, and the citizens of the Lone Star state are now legally obligated to have their daughters injected with a new experimental substance that will damage their reproductive system and cause other new medical problems? Wait, what am I saying?! Surely no Texas politician would do something like that. Would they?
    Getting back to the subject of smoking, would someone Please give Mrs. Nowak a cigarette so she won't feel the need to drive from Texas in diapers 900 miles to Orlando airport to kick her boyfriend's girlfriend's ass. Please!
    Okay, done now.
    Later,
    SS