1. Guest,
    We need good tech writers that are willing to help out here at ZL-OA. If you like taking photos of jobs as you perform the steps on your repairs, have historical ads/documents from old magazines, or any else you think belongs in the Technical Library than you might be able to help. Send a private message to Furchin, Mudrunner88, Chris, Jarney, Wuputt, or Markus56 and we can lead you in the right direction to get started.
    Dismiss Notice

Too FN Hot

R. J. Jun 20, 2018

1. R. J.

R. J. Senior Member

:hello: It was 97* here today in Central FL. At 1 PM. It was 96 in my garage with the doors open. At 9 PM it was 88* in my garage with the doors open with 2 fans running on high. During the day I spend more time in my garage than I do in my house. I ordered a window today for my garage so that I can put in a window A/C unit. I'm not sure when I'll do it. It's to fn not. :laughing7:. IMG_6329.JPG

2. Harriminator

Harriminator Senior Member

:hello:I'd lay down on the ground callin' for ambulance...:laughing7:; over here day/night temps I can live with: 78/53°F :hello2:

R. J. likes this.
  3. markus56

markus56 ZL-OA Co-owner Staff Member Administrator Super Moderator Supporting Member

I'm right behind you here in Kentucky brother. We've been in the mid 90's for a couple of weeks now and not alot of rain but very humid. As you know from living down there for awhile now......the humidity is what gets ya'.

4. Fern

Fern Senior Member

RJ, I know how feels... I was down by Fort Myers last week for vacation, first time in Florida. It was 95 everyday plus humidity at 100 percent. It felt like I was getting cooked in a sauna. During the evening it gets much cooler but that sun is pissed during daylight.

5. R. J.

R. J. Senior Member

:hello: Do it for 8 months.

6. Fern

Fern Senior Member

Lol. I was good for a week, that was enough. But I do want to go back and visit other parts of Florida. Here in Chicago, 70's during the day and 60's in the evening for this week.

7. R. J.

R. J. Senior Member

:hello: I just came back from Lows with a window A/C unit. 2 sheets of plywood & some 2x4s. :laughing7:. I 'm going to rig up a temp wall so that I could close my garage door half way down on the temp wall & cut a hole in it for the A/C unit. I also bought a sheet of insulation to take up the open space above the garage. It's already 84* in my garage.

MikeC likes this.
  8. kvalheim

kvalheim Well-Known Member

Humidity has been nuts here but rained last 3 or 4 days. It seems like the central air one day heat the next. now its so humid out you dont dare turn of the air and open up the house.