1. Guest,
    We need good tech writers that are willing to help out here at ZL-OA. If you like taking photos of jobs as you perform the steps on your repairs, have historical ads/documents from old magazines, or any else you think belongs in the Technical Library than you might be able to help. Send a private message to Furchin, Mudrunner88, Chris, Jarney, Wuputt, or Markus56 and we can lead you in the right direction to get started.
    Dismiss Notice

TT @ ISLE OF MAN

1 red zl9 Mar 16, 2018

1. 1 red zl9

1 red zl9 Well-Known Member

:headbang:

2. R. J.

R. J. Senior Member

:hello: I read that over 252 racers have died during that race since it't inaugural race in 1907.

3. markus56

markus56 ZL-OA Co-owner Staff Member Administrator Super Moderator Supporting Member

If a guy doesn't have huge balls and nerves of steel, he should not enter this race!

4. 87kawzl

87kawzl Senior Member

I really dig the super slow motion action of the bikes suspension working and always look forward to sidecar races. The times are insane nowadays.

5. R. J.

R. J. Senior Member

:hello: The racers that race in the ISLE of Man must have no since of danger.

6. Harriminator

Harriminator Senior Member

Once I watched a report on tv 'bout the TT and when the races were finished they released the track and the visitors on bikes made their own 'races' - in a curve 5 or 6 bikers crashed and the camera recorded the bodies rolling on the ground with broken bones and injuries screaming in pain for emergency doctor...same thing every year.:banghead:

7. 87kawzl

87kawzl Senior Member

Another rider lost his young life today in qualifying. Sad day for his family, friends and fans of the sport and race.

8. GaryD

GaryD Active Member

If you look at the stats, more people get seriously injured every year in horse related sports compared to motorcycle racing.

9. 87kawzl

87kawzl Senior Member

A second rider lost his life today. The course is not a forgiving one and the competitors need to push the limits of body and machine to come out on top. RIP.

MikeC likes this.
  10. markus56

markus56 ZL-OA Co-owner Staff Member Administrator Super Moderator Supporting Member

Yeah, that 's some of the most dangerous racing on the planet for sure and I'm surprised there isn't more deaths every year from it.

11. R. J.

R. J. Senior Member