1. Guest,
    We need good tech writers that are willing to help out here at ZL-OA. If you like taking photos of jobs as you perform the steps on your repairs, have historical ads/documents from old magazines, or any else you think belongs in the Technical Library than you might be able to help. Send a private message to Furchin, Mudrunner88, Chris, Jarney, Wuputt, or Markus56 and we can lead you in the right direction to get started.
    Dismiss Notice

Wanted - Chrome airbox covers, both sides

4mermxer Oct 14, 2018

1. 4mermxer

4mermxer New Member

Im new to the group. I'm reviving a black 1986 ZL900 and need the two chrome airbox covers... who doesn't. Since they have been discontinued, they may be more coveted than ever. That being said, if you're one of the guys who bought lots of spares and want to part with a pair, let me know. If you have a speedo and speedo casing, i may be a playrt there as well. Thanks - Allan

2. prfixer

prfixer Senior Member Supporting Member

I have a set of them and an NOS speedo, but the speedo is for a ZL1000. I have a 900 speedo as well, i will find it and make sure it works if you're interested.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2018
  3. 4mermxer

4mermxer New Member

Thanks - for the covers, whats your price?
    And for the zl1000 speedo?

I think im going to do a ZG1000 engine swap on the second 900 anyway so stock p# is not critical on that

4. prfixer

$100 a piece for the covers, $350 for the NOS 1000 speedo, $125 for the used 900 speedo

5. 4mermxer

4mermxer New Member

Are the covers NOS or used?

6. 4mermxer

4mermxer New Member

Excuse me, are they new or used?

7. prfixer

They are new

8. prfixer

Here are some pics. You can see the differences in the faces between the 900 and the 1000's speedometer. The 900 speedo does not have a cover, I do have one available though.

Attached Files:

9. 4mermxer

4mermxer New Member

Thanks a million. I'll get back with you shortly. What payment method do you prefer?

10. 4mermxer

4mermxer New Member

And, can you send pics of the speedos (not swim trunks)? Thanks again!

11. prfixer

Paypal works for me, MO,cash. Do you need additional pics of the speedometers other than what I previously posted?

12. markus56

markus56 ZL-OA Co-owner Staff Member Administrator Super Moderator Supporting Member

All great prices from what I can see. Thanks for stepping up Dave.

13. 4mermxer

4mermxer New Member

Yes, very fair. Ive rebuild some classic aircraft in the past... ZL parts are priced much nicer.

14. 4mermxer

4mermxer New Member

Where do you live and what does shipping look like for those covers? Also, are you in the know about getting the tank and side cover stickers?

15. markus56

markus56 ZL-OA Co-owner Staff Member Administrator Super Moderator Supporting Member

I have the tank and side cover decals so send me a message (conversation) about what you want.

16. prfixer

Markus for the decals and shipping would be $15 in yhe US