1. Guest,
    We need good tech writers that are willing to help out here at ZL-OA. If you like taking photos of jobs as you perform the steps on your repairs, have historical ads/documents from old magazines, or any else you think belongs in the Technical Library than you might be able to help. Send a private message to Furchin, Mudrunner88, Chris, Jarney, Wuputt, or Markus56 and we can lead you in the right direction to get started.
    Dismiss Notice

Wondering what is a good price for a ZL-900.

chevylovr May 20, 2020

1. chevylovr

chevylovr Well-Known Member

I've got a ZL-900 that I need to find a new home for. Ran fine about 5 years ago, but I haven't run it since then, it's been sitting in the garage. Battery is dead, and the carbs probably need to be gone through, but other than that it's a solid bike. Comes with two boxes of spare parts, including the aftermarket crash bars that I never got around to installing.

2. 87kawzl

87kawzl Supporting Member

A non running bike is not worth much. You will be hard pressed to get $1500. Good price? Whatever leaves you and the buyer satisfied.

A 5 year layup means more than go through the carbs and add add a battery. It really may include coolant flush, brake fluid flush (at a minimum, probably some service to calipers), tire rubber hardened and should be replaced, valve adjustment, oil change, petcock rebuild and possibly rust in the tank needs remedied. A full detail on the shiny stuff to boot.

With no pics (is it red with some sun fade?) and no mileage posted, it's tough to tell. If you weren't all the way down in FL I would be interested because I've always wanted a 9, know how to service them and ain't skeered of a project. Maybe RJ will pop on over and add one more to his collection.

3. markus56

markus56 ZL-OA Co-owner Staff Member Administrator Super Moderator Supporting Member

The answer to your question is condition.........it's all about condition. You may want to move the spare parts by themselves since they're not likely to add much value to a non-running bike. Pictures may help us assess the value of your bike.

wuputt likes this.
  4. Wissler

Wissler Senior Member Supporting Member

Yes, move out the spare parts, like the crash bars, for me.
    Seriously though, let me know. I desperately need a set for my 900 I'm working on getting going....