1. Guest,
    We need good tech writers that are willing to help out here at ZL-OA. If you like taking photos of jobs as you perform the steps on your repairs, have historical ads/documents from old magazines, or any else you think belongs in the Technical Library than you might be able to help. Send a private message to Furchin, Mudrunner88, Chris, Jarney, Wuputt, or Markus56 and we can lead you in the right direction to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  1. harm

harm Senior Member

Hey guys,
    Its been a while since I have been on here. I have been riding my ZL right along though. However, the wife and I are interested doing long weekend rides and such so I picked up a Concours and I need to sell the ZL. Any ideas on what my ZL is worth? It has approx. 22k miles on it. It is heavily modified including an APE big bore kit (close to 1200cc I believe) Mikuni RS flat slide carbs, 4-1 exhaust with Supertrapp slip on. I bought it with all of these mods. This thing is fast but you probably already know that. I have not ran it too hard but I would guess that the person who built it did. On hot days if riding slowly though traffic I have had it overheat before or If you shut it off when it is very hot it sometimes won;t start for about 15 minute until it cools down. I have done very little to the bike. It always runs good for me besides the occasional overheating. It has both horn covers, aftermarket rear shocks. Back tire is getting down there but I have another one I will give with the bike. I do have some other goodies too like, original air box, Concours carbs(disassembled), both chrome airbox covers, brand new rubber boots(carb/airbox). Any thoughts on the bike? PM me an offer or let me know what I should list it for.

Attached Files:

R. J. likes this.
  2. 87kawzl

87kawzl Supporting Member

You've got a nice ride there. Looks like a whole different top end and frame modded to fit the headers. I would say you are in the $1500 range. A muzzy fan and some water wetter would probably help with the overheating.
    Probably runs like a raped ape.
    Dibs on flatsides if you want to move them along separately.

3. Ed

Ed Well-Known Member

Now, that's something you don't see everyday.:)

4. markus56

markus56 ZL-OA Co-owner Staff Member Administrator Super Moderator Supporting Member

I would have to agree.......somewhere in the 1500.00 range. GLWS

5. harm

harm Senior Member

Thanks for the feedback guys!