1. Guest,
    We need good tech writers that are willing to help out here at ZL-OA. If you like taking photos of jobs as you perform the steps on your repairs, have historical ads/documents from old magazines, or any else you think belongs in the Technical Library than you might be able to help. Send a private message to Furchin, Mudrunner88, Chris, Jarney, Wuputt, or Markus56 and we can lead you in the right direction to get started.
    Dismiss Notice

ZL600 plug cap

WillyD Oct 23, 2017

1. WillyD

WillyD Senior Member

I am looking for one plug cap for a ZL600. After getting this bike together and running it tonight it still was messing up still. I had my temp measuring gun here it just so happened. #4 was running cold compared to the other 3. I pulled the cap off. All parts inside are clean. I rechecked the resistor and it's at 5k ohms. No matter how much I clean it when I check it assembled it shows open. I did this 6 times. Cleaning down inside every way I could. Still shows open.

These caps are different than the 900 and 1000 plug caps.

2. prfixer

prfixer Senior Member Supporting Member

3. R. J.

R. J. Senior Member

:hello: I had the same thing happen to me. Sooner or later they will all do it. I got tired of fighting with them so I bought all 4 new. $30 each from Partzilla.

4. WillyD

WillyD Senior Member

5. R. J.

R. J. Senior Member

:hello: They are very good. I've used them on many of my bikes in the past. I put them on Ron D. ZL 10. The nice thing was they was free. You will need to use the OEM old ones dust caps.

6. WillyD

WillyD Senior Member

:D:D:D:D