1. Guest,
    We need good tech writers that are willing to help out here at ZL-OA. If you like taking photos of jobs as you perform the steps on your repairs, have historical ads/documents from old magazines, or any else you think belongs in the Technical Library than you might be able to help. Send a private message to Furchin, Mudrunner88, Chris, Jarney, Wuputt, or Markus56 and we can lead you in the right direction to get started.
    Dismiss Notice

ZL900 in US-bay

Harriminator Jun 29, 2018

1. Harriminator

Harriminator Senior Member

2. kvalheim

kvalheim Well-Known Member

I seen that one the other day. Needs more than a lot of work. Gotta love that exhaust.:rotf:

3. VmaxRider

VmaxRider Active Member

I just bought an 85 zl900 from California with Supertrapp slip ons, and the original take off mufflers and an extra gas tank for 200 bucks on Ebay. other than the exhaust it is untouched.. noone bid on it, i put in a bid at the end and won it. was a good day. It cost 598 to ship it to Ohio.

4. Ducky Dog

Ducky Dog Active Member

I think I remember looking at that one
    shoot us a pic
    hope it runs,,, thats a plus!

5. VmaxRider

VmaxRider Active Member

It runs alright. Had it fired up. It was tagged and being ridden up until the point it was sold. Even if it didn't I couldn't really pass it up at that price. lots of great parts to be had.

Attached Files:

6. Ducky Dog

Ducky Dog Active Member

Deffinetly a nice score VmaxRider

7. 87kawzl

87kawzl Supporting Member

You keeping it together or parting it out?

8. VmaxRider

VmaxRider Active Member

Keeping it together.

87kawzl likes this.
  9. markus56

markus56 ZL-OA Co-owner Staff Member Administrator Super Moderator Supporting Member

Great score.....Congrats!

10. 87kawzl

87kawzl Supporting Member

:thumbsup:

11. MikeC

MikeC Senior Member

Wow, I'm jealous! How do you like your VMAX?

12. VmaxRider

VmaxRider Active Member

I like it quite a bit actually. One of the things I don't like about it is it puts off a lot of heat from the engine and is hot on the inside of my thighs. Other than that I like it a lot. The loping of the cams is a cool sound and it has Supertrapp slip ons on it.

13. MikeC

MikeC Senior Member

I've got one calling to me much the way the zl does. Negative handling reviews over exaggeration?

14. Not a V-Max

Not a V-Max New Member

I had a bone stock 1994 about 5 years ago. It was like riding a wickedly fast lawnmower. It didn't turn and was very uncomfortable. The motor sound from the V4 was like nothing I had ever heard before. Then I put Supertrapps on it and was twice as loud. I knew after a month that it wasn't going to be for me.