1. Guest,
    We need good tech writers that are willing to help out here at ZL-OA. If you like taking photos of jobs as you perform the steps on your repairs, have historical ads/documents from old magazines, or any else you think belongs in the Technical Library than you might be able to help. Send a private message to Furchin, Mudrunner88, Chris, Jarney, Wuputt, or Markus56 and we can lead you in the right direction to get started.
    Dismiss Notice

ZL900 - Neutral gear indicator not working

Scrolls5 Mar 18, 2020

1. Scrolls5

Scrolls5 New Member

Hi guys,

I'm from the Netherlands. I've an ZL900 '85 that was imported from the USA. Recently I've repaired the bike to a perfect healthy engine condition, however the neutral gear indicator light on the headlight is not working. The sensor I checked on the "front bevel gear case" looks ok. Is this a well known issue or something that rarely happens on these beautiful bikes.

Sincerely,

Scrolls5

2. madmanncr500

madmanncr500 Well-Known Member

You can unplug it and put direct power to it and see bulb lights up...might just be a burnt out bulb...good luck.

87kawzl likes this.
  3. R. J.

R. J. Supporting Member

:hello: Swap the bulbs around it may be burned out as said by MADMAN. Did you remove the switch from the motor to see if it fell apart. I've never had one out so I don't know what it looks like.

4. lowlife

lowlife ZL Mad Scientist/ Supporting member Technical Author Supporting Member

Power
    Ground
    Bulb
    Switch
    That about covers it