1. Guest,
    We need good tech writers that are willing to help out here at ZL-OA. If you like taking photos of jobs as you perform the steps on your repairs, have historical ads/documents from old magazines, or any else you think belongs in the Technical Library than you might be able to help. Send a private message to Furchin, Mudrunner88, Chris, Jarney, Wuputt, or Markus56 and we can lead you in the right direction to get started.
    Dismiss Notice

ZL900 stock mufflers

Ducky Dog Oct 14, 2017

1. Ducky Dog

Ducky Dog Active Member

Hi there
    Newbe here
    I am looking for a nice pair of stock mufflers ,,, yes,,, I will pay,,,( gulp!)

2. Ducky Dog

Ducky Dog Active Member

As my search continues ,, I realize you guys are laughing your ass's off
    These are nowhere to be found

Jokes on me... LOL

3. GaryD

GaryD Active Member

Well sort of...the jokes on all of us...as we are all looking for stock mufflers:(

JohnB likes this.
  4. Ducky Dog

Ducky Dog Active Member

Its funny,,,, all my other bikes I have performance pipes on them, but for some reason (mostly looks) the ZL looks best with the stock muffers
    it already goes way fast enough, no need to soop it up

5. markus56

markus56 ZL-OA Co-owner Staff Member Administrator Super Moderator Supporting Member

I agree! That's why none of mine are souped up.....fast enough already!

6. badbrad

badbrad Senior Member

I surely thought someone would have come along and made exact replica mufflers for these bikes but it just never happened.

7. furchin

furchin ZL-OA Co-owner Staff Member Administrator Super Moderator Supporting Member

"I surely thought someone would have come along and made exact replica mufflers for these bikes but it just never happened."

There is/was a company over the pond that made stainless replicas. I saw a 1000 that had them mounted. Can't remember for sure but I think possibly made in Australia. The information should be here on the site somewhere.

8. Harriminator

Harriminator Senior Member

9. furchin

furchin ZL-OA Co-owner Staff Member Administrator Super Moderator Supporting Member

Good job Harriminator

10. R. J.

R. J. Senior Member

:hello: About a year ago a member had a set of the SS replicas on E-bay for sale for $400. I gave a set of OEM mufflers to ZL Dan 2 years ago.

11. JohnB

JohnB New Member

MegaZip.net claims to have these mufflers available for $470 USD (per muffler); has anyone used this site to order parts? If so, what was your experience?

Last edited: Oct 23, 2017
  12. markus56

markus56 ZL-OA Co-owner Staff Member Administrator Super Moderator Supporting Member

Never heard of them.

13. Ducky Dog

Ducky Dog Active Member

Chances are it is similar to Partzilla
    They show them listed but when you try to order it will be out of stock or discontinued
    they may not tell you until you actually place an order
    If they were available we would all know it

14. R. J.

R. J. Senior Member

:hello: Partzilla now does up date it's Data Base. When I tried to order some parts they got back to me in 2 days to let me know that they are discontinued & the next time I checked it said item not available. BILL what are those 3 tools in that black case.

15. middletonb300

middletonb300 Member

I have a set of fantastic stock mufflers off my 85 zl900

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 3, 2018
  16. middletonb300

middletonb300 Member

Been in storage for years!

Attached Files:

17. Harriminator

Harriminator Senior Member

The holy grail of Eliminator 900!:laughing7:

18. R. J.

R. J. Senior Member

:hello: Nice. :notworthy:.

19. GaryD

GaryD Active Member

very nice...and well worth braggingg about.

I picked up some old stock ones a few years back...but weirdly they have the centre tube protruding out the back a couple of inches....anyone know if these are just a badly made pair or did some weird law in some other country necessitate this?

Will stick some pictures up in a coupe of day...maybe the weekend.

20. markus56

I don't believe they left the factory like that.